Wapping's Wanders - 'Beginners' weekend 28/29 April - DEFINITE DATE

Hi Richard - If you have room for potentially two more - sounds interesting. The Wandering Star is wandering in South Africa figuring out who won the Boer War. I'm sure he will be interested. Otherwise me a single.

Richard, if I can blag 2 days off can I pop along, Ill take care of accommodation etc etc, Ive got no mates and will just be at home crying otherwise :(

Hi Richard - If you have room for potentially two more - sounds interesting. The Wandering Star is wandering in South Africa figuring out who won the Boer War. I'm sure he will be interested. Otherwise me a single.

It being the season of goodwill to all men......

OK, I'll see what I can do on the hotel rooms.

(a) One single for CuzGS

(b) One twin room for NLC and WS

That's the lot.... Now DEFINITELY full, no room on da bus, complet, kein zimmer..... :thumb

I don't care what anyone says about Santa Claus it's not true and he owns a 1600.

santa-crying.jpg

All done.... :thumb2

The hotel has confirmed the two extra rooms, one single one twin.

Just need to book the pizza restaurant and finalise the routes and we are as good as there.

Ferry tickets booked Wapping :) Looking forward to it.

Can anybody recommend somewhere nice to stay in Folkstone? I'd like to travel down the day before and stay overnight. It doesnt have to be fancy :)

When i went on one of Wappings trips i stopped at the Ashford Central Premier Inn, not too expensive, do food and there is a beefeater type pub within 5 minutes walk:thumb from me.

Only fifteen minutes from eurotunnel, bit longer to Dover.

Last edited:

Can anybody recommend somewhere nice to stay in Folkstone? I'd like to travel down the day before and stay overnight. It doesnt have to be fancy :)

Excellent :thumb2

There are a bunch from Essex staying nearby.... I'll find out where.

When i went on one of Wappings trips i stopped at the Ashford Central Premier Inn, not too expensive, do food and there is a beefeater type pub within 5 minutes walk:thumb from me.

Thank you both :thumb2

The tickets are still £28 but I suspect they wont be holding that price for too much longer.

+1 for the Premier Inn. Not having ever been in a detention centre or a Turkish prison but I am sure they are both nicer than the Travelodge next to the Premier Inn.

Routes down.

OK, here's a whole bunch of alternative routes for the way out.

I've no idea what the weather might be like, so I have knocked a bunch of alternatives out. Of the lot, I probably fancy routes (C) and (D) The route has a bit of everything, which is what I hoped for.......even though it goes through St Pol, a town crying out for a by-pass and where I was very nearly crushed to death once :eek:

On the way back where we save an hour, we can probably reverse route (I) taking us to the west of Calais, before a hop along the coast.

Richard

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14126843/Chunnel to Bouillon (2).gdb

Can we buy stickers again :)

Stickers? Where?

Wanderer and I shall be staying at the Premier Inn the night before. The tracker beam of The Beefeater Grill is too much to resist.

They are at the Premier Inn

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/FOLBRI/folkestone-channel-tunnel

Phil & girlfriend

Jacques & son (Zane) -- He's a Yarpy (South African)

Back
Top Bottom