Accommodation

I've updated all the route files and screenshots to reflect some changes on the return leg. This is primarily due to the lack of bedrooms in your suggested hotels, or in those I've stayed at before. Consequently, some of the daily mileages have changed.

Please will you all PM me your email addresses and I'll forward details of room costs. A fair number are half-board, and all but one includes breakfast in the rates quoted.

All hotels have reserved 14 single and 2 double rooms for us.

Gone now :beer:

Happy New Year everyone.

Happy New Year :beerjug:

I've updated all the route files and screenshots to reflect some changes on the return leg. This is primarily due to the lack of bedrooms in your suggested hotels, or in those I've stayed at before. Consequently, some of the daily mileages have changed.

Please will you all PM me your email addresses and I'll forward details of room costs. A fair number are half-board, and all but one includes breakfast in the rates quoted.

Good to see the threads active again, it gives us something to look forward to :thumb2
orders@humvee-graphics.com

New boss has approved my leave request so you will have a PM in the next minute or so

Luvverly - email addies are trickling through.

I'll leave it another 24-48 hours and create an email distribution list and send out the details.

:clap

Mark, a double room for me please, will settle for a twin if your having double trouble,
It could be two singles by the end of the trip. :D

Mark, a double room for me please, will settle for a twin if your having double trouble,
It could be two singles by the end of the trip. :D

I've contacted all the hotels today, so expect to have confirmations over the next 24/48 hours. I'm not expecting any issues, but they are foreigners, after all....:D

I've taken everyone's needs on board, so I'm hoping everyone will be happy.

Otherwise, it'll be a lonely trip back for me... :comfort

:thumb

About half the hotels have repsonded and there are no issues. :JB

It's going to be a sphincter-testing moment waiting for the others to confirm, but I'm confident :augie

I'll keep thee posted :thumb2

Just waiting on 2 hotels to confirm now, then I can send a group email with a bit more info (especially for the last few that joined the group) and finalise the routes for each day. sorry for the patchy repsonse over the last few days, but work is being a right royal PIA.

Some of the route files in the Route Thread (strangely) may become unavailable as I condense/amend them. I'm not sure whether a single GDB file with all the routes is better than the individual ones. Advice accepted, please.

Just to reiterate my expectations, my routes will get you to each hotel via a variety of (hopefully) interesting places, passes, cols, dogging spots, etc. and I'm happy to take the lead. However, I'll be doing my own thang from time to time in terms of rest stops, drink/wee breaks, photo opportunities etc., so follow me if you want, but I expect a group of this size will naturally break up into 2 or 3 groups of riders during the day, catching up at night for a meal and a bevvy.

I expect us all to have a rather lovely time...:aidan

The routes are easier for me if they are split into smaller files. I'm still using the trusty old 2610 so I have to run them through Mapsource to make them compatible with the older map format then save them to the 2610. Small file sizes work better.

As for riding between the hotels, I tend to do my own thing during the day and aim to get to the destination late afternoon to relax with a few beers before dinner.

The routes are easier for me if they are split into smaller files. I'm still using the trusty old 2610 so I have to run them through Mapsource to make them compatible with the older map format then save them to the 2610. Small file sizes work better.

As for riding between the hotels, I tend to do my own thing during the day and aim to get to the destination late afternoon to relax with a few beers before dinner.

It's been a while since I tinkered with a 2610 and MapSource - are GPX files OK, or are GDBs better?

I'll do individual days and one large file with everything in it.

:beerjug:

It's been a while since I tinkered with a 2610 and MapSource - are GPX files OK, or are GDBs better?

both are fine as long as I do a "save as" in the "non NT" version of Mapsource before uploading

re special itinerary

Can i have a separate list of the dogging spots please ?. :D
This trips looking better with each passing day, what with (multiple cols, beer and now dogging) bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!.

thats good for me too, will you flag this up when the threads are updated with the final versions of the routes???
looking forward to this trip, I like the idea of smaller groups of bikes, hopefully one of which will take pity on billy nomates!:D

Single days will be better for me, and it will allow me time to catch up as as I will dragging the tent behind (I'll try and remember to fold it up first :blast)

Apologies for my tardiness...

...but have had a few little issues at work to sort.

Anyhow, I haven't made any changes to the route files yet, and even if I do, they will be minimal. However, as time is galloping on, I've made all the individual routes 'shared' again, which means you can download them (or anyone on the site) to start taking a peek and making sure they work on your particular device. If you've contacted me via GoogleDocs, all the files are now shared so you should be able to download any enjoy.

Presently, the single routes are in GPX format (was easier for me when I created them) and the main file, including all the routes in one sitting, is GDB format. It's my intention to have them all in both formats (belt and braces) within 2/3 weeks.

In that vein, I'm hoping, if things go to plan, to have them all finalised over Easter.

You should know that the routes have been created with the latest map version from Saint Garmin, the Patron Saint of UKGSer Tossers, but there should be sufficient embedded waypoints to stop you going too far off-piste if you have slightly older versions.

If you notice any minor 'detours' please let me know, and I'll put them right.

As soon as I've finalised the routes, I'll delete all the others, and make it clear which are to be used.

Can't believe it's so close now! Bring it on! :hogroast:warrenrally:tarka

Play nicely, now.

Back
Top Bottom