Shoei Neotec

I've always been put off flip front helmets because of the weight of them.

I bet this weighs a ton as well!

Mate of mine just bought a new Neotec at the Scottish Show, got it for £350

Sounds like a great deal for a helmet that's just come out! :thumb

I am thinking of getting one to replace my 5 year old Multitec.

I picked mine up last week from HG for £399. My first flip front helmet. Used it for about 200 miles and overall very pleased with it. My only gripe is the top air vent when fully closed lifts slightly at speed and still allows air through, so apart from sticking some tape over the vent on cold days I don't know what the solution is.

Hein Gericke Hull.
Bought the Neotec today,£375 plus £20 on the loyalty card to spend in the shop.
Much quieter than my Multitech.

I initially thought the medium was a little tight,but tried a medium Multitech which felt the same.Had the Neotech on for a couple of hours and it feels just fine.

Steve

Been using mine for a couple of weeks now and to me it seems to get more wind noise than my system 6 did. I now have a 12GS that I never used the sys6 with so it could be the wind noise from the bike rather than the Neotec, may have to try and fix my old sys6 visor and try that out on the 12 :confused:

I thought about getting one of these.. but was put off by the fact that it isn't ECE 22-05 P/J approved (this means helmet is legal to be used with chin guard open or removed.

As I like riding with the front 'open' occasionally, I ended up with a Nolan N103.. Which turned out to be half the price of the Neotec.. result.

Hein Gericke Hull.
Bought the Neotec today,£375 plus £20 on the loyalty card to spend in the shop.
Much quieter than my Multitech.

I initially thought the medium was a little tight,but tried a medium Multitech which felt the same.Had the Neotech on for a couple of hours and it feels just fine.

Steve

Was that with a trade in ?.

Well, just call me weak willed. I went into HG in Hull today and got the same deal as wrinkley owlie. So i just had to buy it.
Seems like a good helmet, there are improvements in some areas i didnt expect. For instance the pinlock visor fits nearer to the top of the visor so you dont get that silly line across the visor.
The cheek pads do seem to push in the face further forward than the multitec though.It was also a bit fiddly getting the mike boom fitted between the helmet and padding.

Does Shoei have a bluetooth kit for this helmet or do you have to mount it on the outside?

I've been waiting for Shoei to bring out a helmet with internal sun visor so this looks like just the job.:thumb2
My trusty Raid 2 is getting on a bit and I'm looking to change but wondered about the weight of the Neotec.
Do you guys find it heavy?

I'm going to get down to HG over the weekend and see if they've got one I can try.

I picked mine up last week from HG for £399. My first flip front helmet. Used it for about 200 miles and overall very pleased with it. My only gripe is the top air vent when fully closed lifts slightly at speed and still allows air through, so apart from sticking some tape over the vent on cold days I don't know what the solution is.

Just been out with my new Neotec, i also have a problem with the top vent. When its fully closed it still lets in cold air and is noisy:(. If i put a hand in front of it these problems stop. Have been in contact with HG who are going to contact Shoei to see what can be done to rectify this.
Other than this I like the lid :thumb

I've always been put off flip front helmets because of the weight of them.

I bet this weighs a ton as well!

Two reasons to have a flip up.

1. mouth to mouth in whatever situation:D is possible without removing lid.

2. You can have a smoke without removing yer lid...

Reason one is quite good, reason two is a no no....

Having said that I have given up on flip up lids and now have a Hornet. I can hear my music at any speed now....

Back
Top Bottom