Shoei Neotec

I know the weather hasn't been great this week but has anyone tried the internal sunvisor on a sunny day.
Is it any good, does it come down far enough to block out the sun completely.
I have read that some people with other lids think the sunvisor is a waste because they just don't block out the sun properly leaving a big gap underneath.
Just wondered how this compares.

Thanks guys.

I know the weather hasn't been great this week but has anyone tried the internal sunvisor on a sunny day.
Is it any good, does it come down far enough to block out the sun completely.
Thanks guys.

think it to be very good :D

Just been out with my new Neotec, i also have a problem with the top vent. When its fully closed it still lets in cold air and is noisy:(. If i put a hand in front of it these problems stop. Have been in contact with HG who are going to contact Shoei to see what can be done to rectify this.
Other than this I like the lid :thumb

I contacted Importers and they said to talk to retailer regards complaint. My local HG suffered a recent arson attack and is now closed awaiting re location or repair.
Can you keep me posted on what your HG report back. Meanwhile I will leave the bit of tape stuck over the vent!!

Drop down sun visor works a treat.

I contacted Importers and they said to talk to retailer regards complaint. My local HG suffered a recent arson attack and is now closed awaiting re location or repair.
Can you keep me posted on what your HG report back. Meanwhile I will leave the bit of tape stuck over the vent!!

Sorry :topic

I see the shop was closed but assumed it was just a refit, didn't realise arson :eek:

Thought of getting a Neotec

I've been waiting for Shoei to bring out a helmet with internal sun visor so this looks like just the job.:thumb2
My trusty Raid 2 is getting on a bit and I'm looking to change but wondered about the weight of the Neotec.
Do you guys find it heavy?

I'm going to get down to HG over the weekend and see if they've got one I can try.

Love to get one, but would my helmet camera fit......?

I think the air vent is where you would fit your camera but I'm sure one of the guys that has one would be able to answer this for sure.

Going to HG tomorrow to have a look if I finish early enough :thumb

Bought a shiny black one today at Fowlers Bristol.
Managed to haggle 20% (£93.00) off the retail price. So got it for £372.00...bargain.:clap

Just fitted my Scala G4 headset, which was an easy job, as the lining is easily removed. Plus there are removable ear pads for the speakers..:thumb

Not ridden with it on yet. But i'm looking forward to wearing it down to Brands Hatch this weekend. Instead of my trusty TourX 3.

I rang HG this morning and they said they had contacted the importer, I have had to take the helmet back to the shop. they are going to return it to feridax so they can have it repaired.
I must say i am not impressed about having a brand new helmet that needs repairing.

Thanks for the update Steve, I will contact HG on Tuesday and get mine sent back. Used it in the rain today and I was very surprised at the amount of water on inside of visor after 20 miles on motorway. Not impressed.

I have herd from another rider who has prblems with his new Neotec, i begin to wonder if it was a good buy or not ?.

UPDATE
I have been on the phone to Feridax today (the shoei importer) and they told me that they have fitted a new modified vent to my helmet and it will be back with me next week.
The chap said that they are "aware of the problem" and that it is due to low pressure air behind the rear vent drawing air through the top vent. I can see the logic behind this reason, but i think its poor of shoei to make such a mistake in the design process.

UPDATE
I have been on the phone to Feridax today (the shoei importer) and they told me that they have fitted a new modified vent to my helmet and it will be back with me next week.
The chap said that they are "aware of the problem" and that it is due to low pressure air behind the rear vent drawing air through the top vent. I can see the logic behind this reason, but i think its poor of shoei to make such a mistake in the design process.

Have you had the helmet back?

I have just got the helmet back today, and it looks like they have fitted a modified vent. Will report back when i have had a chance to use it.

Just spotted this o webbikeworld

"From Shoei: The Shoei Neotec System helmet has been developed and produced in conjunction with information gathered from Shoei's global markets. Whilst the ventilation system was being developed, Shoei designers factored in a calculated percentage of air flow to be continuously distributed throughout the helmet even with all the vents in the closed position. This has been achieved through the use of a pre-cut channel to the rear of the to vent.

There is however a free of charge modification available to customers in the northern hemisphere that will prevent air passing into the helmet when the vent is closed.

We are currently awaiting stock of the replacement top vent base to arrive at Feridax. The new part can be fitted by your local Shoei service centre and will only take a matter of minutes."

So - if you buy it from a Shoei SC - done on-site

OK, have been out on the bike for about an hour today, and am happy to report the noise/water ingress problems seems to have been sorted. I think the helmet is as comfortable as the multitec it has replaced, and i also think it IS a little quieter, but that might just be wishful thinking.
HAPPY NOW !.

OK, have been out on the bike for about an hour today, and am happy to report the noise/water ingress problems seems to have been sorted. I think the helmet is as comfortable as the multitec it has replaced, and i also think it IS a little quieter, but that might just be wishful thinking.
HAPPY NOW !.

Cool. :thumb2
What about the sun visor does it block out enough or do you have light coming in from underneath.
I know someone with a c3 and he says the gap at the bottom lets in too much light so he wears sunglasses which I think defeats the purpose of the internal sun visor.

Many thanks for your input. :D

Cool. :thumb2
What about the sun visor does it block out enough or do you have light coming in from underneath.
I know someone with a c3 and he says the gap at the bottom lets in too much light so he wears sunglasses which I think defeats the purpose of the internal sun visor.

Many thanks for your input. :D

The sun visor is good. I dont know about the C3, but my old C2 sun visor was just a straight shape at the bottom which let in a lot of light. On the Neotec its a shaped sun visor so it covers more of the face. To put it in to perspective the cutout around the nose finishes quite close to the bottom end of my nose.:thumb hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom