Shoei Neotec

My replacement Neotec turned up Saturday, and seems a lot better the the first one.
The importers replaced it after a bit of gentle prodding, and they have plently of stock, including anthracite :augie

HG are on credit hold again until they pay their last invoice

Neil

Good to hear, I have one ordered which I should collect this weekend.

Currently using a C3 but its a fraction too small although its been a great lid. Be interesting to compare them before the C3 goes.:thumb

I'm only reading this thread as I also have a C3 which is too small. It's the same size as my previous C2, 2xS1 and an S1 Pro but it's definitely smaller. My own stupid fault for buying on-line without trying one on as I knew it was going to fit... First time I've ever done this with a lid and I shan't do it again.

I compounded my stupidity by having it custom painted before I realised it really is too small and isn't going to 'give'.

Kevin

Wore my Neotec in the rain today, 1st time for any distance really. Ended up with water droplets on the inside of the visor but not sure if it actually leaks or it was where I was opening it for fresh air and water has gone down behind it :blast
Other than spraying it with the hose anyone any idea how to work out if it is leaking other than wearing it out in the rain cus I'll end up opening it again :D

Shipment of Neotec's due into Ireland this week I'm told and should have my one for week monday just in time for euro trip on Wednesday :beerjug:

To all the neotec owners

Is it 300 quids worth better than the Caberg trip ?

3k miles with a white Neotec now as replacement for XR-1100. Neotec is a bit noisier IMHO on the GSA, the shell size seems bigger than the XR and like others have reported, in heavy sustained rain (Scotland tour) I did get some water running down the inside of the visor. It's now back from the dealer with a new top vent and they've fiddled with the visor fit too so fingers crossed it will be weatherproof now. It's a very comfy helmet and the internal sun visor is excellent as it comes down a long way and is crystal clear. As my first flip front helmet it seems a bit of a fiddle flipping the front up to put it on/take if off, but I wanted Shoei as they fit me well and I really wanted a sun visor so it ticks all the boxes.

3As my first flip front helmet it seems a bit of a fiddle flipping the front up to put it on/take if off, but I wanted Shoei as they fit me well and I really wanted a sun visor so it ticks all the boxes.

I've not found I have to open the flip to get the Neotec on and off; I just pull it on like a regular full face, and use the flip front as and when I need to. With the Schuberth C3 I couldn't do that - I had to open the flip to get it on (but then the chin curtain is a lot bigger on the C3). But I suppose different folks have different head shapes.

Had my Neo for about six weeks now, including use in torrential rain weekend before last, no probs.
But, just wonder is it only me, but I find the sunvisor to be a bit hazy, maybe a touch dark? Or are these old eyes I am using?

Thoughts please!!!

Just got my large anthracite NEOTEC today and it looks and feels a good helmet ,I had a schuberth S1 before ,so my question is why you shouldn't use the pin lock system at night ?? Does it throw glare back and give shit vision or what ?? Anyone found a problem with this or is everyone just using the visor without the pin lock anti mist fitted cos the visors anti fog coated anyway isn't it ?? Also my was built 11-04-2012 so I've maybe also gotta look forwards to problems with the top vent !! Will tRy it out tomorrow and see if I've got any faults :blast :D :D

Going off my Neotec again as the padding has now settled in and it now sits too low on my head. Bought the wrong size to start with? Don't know but it's the same size as my other Shoei helmets but a different model. Anyway, was going to sell it or put it in the cupboard (to try and forget the £475 I'd spent on it) then thanks to Google noticed that the standard padding in a new helmet is 9mm and in the US they offer a 13mm padding alternative (Revzilla website http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-centerpad). My local and very helpful Shoei dealer (Bransons of Gloucester) is going to contact the importers and see if they can get the 13mm here and at what price.

Thicker 13mm padding makes Neotec helmet fit me much better but apart from the drop down tinted visor, I've decided I much prefer my Shoei XR-1100 which is slightly lighter, quieter, better ventilation hence less prone to misting in wet weather, ventilation doesn't let in water drips or allow in cold air when closed (it's been back for mod to help prevent leaks), drips of water don't run down inside of visor, etc. Neotec is quickly becoming allocated as my summer/dry weather helmet. I wouldn't buy a Neotec again.

Vent options

Hi all,

Has anyone found that there Neotec mists on the left hand side of the pinlock when riding in the rain? To clarify I mean on the eyeball side of the pinlock as I know that it isn't leaking.

Also was is the general consensus regarding the confirmation of vents to minimilse this problem?

Cheers,
:thumb

Hi all,

Has anyone found that there Neotec mists on the left hand side of the pinlock when riding in the rain? To clarify I mean on the eyeball side of the pinlock as I know that it isn't leaking.

Also was is the general consensus regarding the confirmation of vents to minimilse this problem?

Cheers,
:thumb

When you fitted the pinlock visor did you rotate the pins to push the visor onto the outer visor ?.

incidentally, my lid was one of the 1st batch imported, so it had to go back for the vent mod. It still lets in cold air at the top so it didnt cure the fault. It also lets water run down the inside of the visor. All in all i dont think this lid is as good quality as previous Sheois. wont buy another one.

Back
Top Bottom