Shoei Neotec

Bought one last may, more road noise than my schuberth but more comfortable and a better fit for my shape of head, have ridden in rain/sleet/cold without pin lock and I'm still alive - no problem with misting that slightly opening the visor didn't cure.

Only thing I don't like - the tuft of hair like a micro Mohican
You lucky fucker, what i,d give to have a tuft of hair:D

My moans on the other thread about the Neotec chin strap are probably in the wrong place so Ill post them here...

Im currently trying out the Neotec at home, before I buy. But my problem is with the chin strap digging into my skin, especially the plastic buckle, due to the chin strap pad not being long enough. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a longer chin pad available to purchase or should I make my own?

edd715a8-1782-4f59-b636-705ae645c52e_zps265377b8.jpg

Traditionally I'm an Arai head, but got a Neotec Matt Black in Medium, at the NEC Show for £350, use it daily for the commute and have to say it's the best Flip Front I've ever owned. Couple the comfort of this lid with a good pair of custom ear plugs/headphones, and it's very quiet.

Im struggling to understand why a £460 helmet doesn't have a sufficient chin strap pad???:confused: The strap rubbing my chin is annoying the hell out of me. Which other helmets (apart from C3 Pro) have an internal sun visor?

You need to loosen the strap via the metal buckle so that the ratchet section closes more fully, the plastic piece you're referring to will then be covered by the strap guard. Then you'll also have some adjustment left if you fit it over a neck-warmer ... where the exosed plastic piece won't matter. Does that make sense?:nenau

I've always been a Schuberth person but I took a chance on the Neotec, it felt and fitted just right :thumb

Took the plunge .... no regrets whatsoever. Top quality, nothing broken or fallen off yet (unlike the BMW System 6's)

A tour if Ireland, now a week in Wunderbar Deutschland and my suspicions confirmed .... it's one of the best helmets out there :thumb:thumb

:beerjug:

I've always been a Schuberth person but I took a chance on the Neotec, it felt and fitted just right :thumb

Took the plunge .... no regrets whatsoever. Top quality, nothing broken or fallen off yet (unlike the BMW System 6's)

A tour if Ireland, now a week in Wunderbar Deutschland and my suspicions confirmed .... it's one of the best helmets out there :thumb:thumb

:beerjug:

Praise indeed!!!

Sent using witchcraft

After lots of faffing about, I ended up buying a matt black Shoei Neotec size XXL today from J&S in Doncaster. Had a ride out today and it feels perfect. My initial worries about the chin strap rubbing due to lack of strap guard haven't materialised. So far so good. Shame the same can't be said for my bank balance!

After lots of faffing about, I ended up buying a matt black Shoei Neotec size XXL today from J&S in Doncaster. Had a ride out today and it feels perfect. My initial worries about the chin strap rubbing due to lack of strap guard haven't materialised. So far so good. Shame the same can't be said for my bank balance!

Someone else with a bloody big head. I thought that I might be one of only a few who need the XXL

Paul. we must be a select breed:D

I spent ages swapping between the XL & XXL, trying to decide which fitted best. I reckon I'm actually between sizes, but the Xl seems just a little too tight.

I've had a Neotec for a fair while now, the misses has had hers for a year or so. Both of us very happy with them. Rather comfy :)

I bought a white Neotec last Autumn as a replacement for a Nolan N102.

It saved my life last month when some cock pulled out of a side road as I was almost upon him. I was doing 30-40mph and flew over the top, breaking my pelvis on the tank in the process, then smashed into the road face down. I chipped my elbow and the impact gave me a deep cut above my left eye. I think this was from my head moving inside the helmet and impacting on the polystyrene under the liner.

The visor flew off somewhere in the impact but other than that the lid stayed in one piece - and my head too.

Suffice to say I will be buying another one!!

I bought a white Neotec last Autumn as a replacement for a Nolan N102.

It saved my life last month when some cock pulled out of a side road as I was almost upon him. I was doing 30-40mph and flew over the top, breaking my pelvis on the tank in the process, then smashed into the road face down. I chipped my elbow and the impact gave me a deep cut above my left eye. I think this was from my head moving inside the helmet and impacting on the polystyrene under the liner.

The visor flew off somewhere in the impact but other than that the lid stayed in one piece - and my head too.

Suffice to say I will be buying another one!!

Good god!
That sounds horrific, hope you are well on the mend?

Sent using witchcraft

The Neotec must be due an upgrade. Love mine, but like the Schuberth C3 Pro as much

I finally tried a small on. It's fit quite well but I do notice the front ridge on the forehead a little bit - did anyone else have the same issue and does it bed in after awhile? I wore the helmet for about 20mins - it did not hurt but I did notice it.

Also I am not used to the ratchet strap. I could not get it sufficiently tight in-store as the strap had the tag through it, bit is the strap comfortable and does it tighten as much as a d-strap?

Thanks

Also if anyone has a small for sale please drop me a line
tx

Back
Top Bottom