The Allt Y Badi pass, unsuitable for motors.....

I've no doubt the brainless driver will blame his sat nav. I went down there once with a mate - we were on 1150GS's......took us about 3-4 hours :blast

You have to ask why sometimes, it's a twat to walk up after falling off going down.

How far up did the lorry get then, and more to the point, how did they get it back down?

You have to ask why sometimes, it's a twat to walk up after falling off going down.

How far up did the lorry get then, and more to the point, how did they get it back down?

Vern, to be fair, I believe the lad had fought for 3 or 4 hours to get the truck as far down before the vehicle grounded out.
The reason it stopped was the brake air lines were severed. The lines caught rocks on the lane due to the roof being wedged under a tree.
Non of the recovery guys had any idea what the truck had come down, as they were under the impression that it was just a brake failure on a country lane. It was only when the postcode they were given lead them to Cherry Tree Farm (owned by the crying bint who has tried to get the unclassified county road closed), then they headed further into the lane from the bottom end, and then 50m from the tarmac had ended to find the stricken vehicle, on the corner before the climb starts, so the driver had come all the way down the route to there...... amazing!:eek

T.

Apologies for the delay....... a term also used by the driver once he reached his destination! :blast

Allt2.jpg

Allt1.jpg

Timpo.

... How far up did the lorry get then, and more to the point, how did they get it back down?
I've often thought things like this would be a perfect training exercise for the RAF.

A Chinook can carry just under 13 metric tons apparently. Imagine it's a damaged Army vehichle and it's your job to recover it. Crack on gents. :D

It would be no good asking the RAF to go in and get it, they would have a fit imagining getting there pink fluffy slippers dirty.;)

Back
Top Bottom