Best deals for multi vehicle breakdown services

I just rang ADAC to confirm their policies. They're still happily signing up people from the UK. They'd expect you to send an email to service@adac.de in English. Include your full name, address and birth date, and what kind of coverage you want. They'll apparently then get back to you to sort payment. Make sure to include who referred you to them, there's decent present to be had. Or give my ADAC number (390018304) if you don't have any friends ;)

But as JH says, I'd wait another day or two and see if you get a reply. Sounds like you should!

So say you ain't a member but want to call out RAC or AA or similar.....what does it cost?

Thats good news....well done. I was rather afraid that I would ring head office and get a teutonic runaround with my lack of German. shame on me for not trying harder.

I'll wait a while for a response and then try the e/mail address as given.

Ta.

Looking for personal breakdown to cover myself as i have multiple vehicles, just need the basic get me home or destination and only in the uk ,so looking for the cheapest .

Yes Jase, having a few KTMs is a worry:D

Been with adac for a couple of years. Excellent service.
2 breakdowns in germany adac call center spoke english. Patrol chap spoke english got bike going called nearest bike shop told them we were coming and reprogramed our satnav for us.
2nd time in germany it was a flatbed ride all sorted inside 1 hour call center spoke english.recovery driver did not.
Had to call again this year fpc went in holland 3 miles off the ferry no work round lead.
Dutch breakdown agent with us within 1 hour on road again within 30mins he made us a work round lead.
Emails tend to be english letters and adac magazine in german.
Full euro cover for both of us any vehicle with repatriation 98 euros.
Very good.
Try this email for membership
Evelyn.Kunz@nrh.adac.de

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Hmm...

Well so far.... no reply to email to Ms Mosler-Wickles. No reply to email enquiry to serviceADAC.de as above......

I'll give it a few days and try the e/mail you give.

Seems to have been a policy change at ADAC....you can no longer join over the phone at the numbers given in all the references above.

I was given the number of the head office in Munich, but I'm not sure my non-existent German will get me the same response reported thus far by bods dealing with the specific members of their staff at the number we had.

I have emailed Ms Moser-Wickles, one of the ADAC people reported as having been very helpful, for help, as yet no reply.

Why do you have such a drama phoning Munich, when they answer the phone just say "Look here Jerry, do you sprocken the English" and they will usually say "Yes" if not they will transfer your call to someone who does speak English :blast

I have RAC personal cover. It's a similar price.
They recovered my car and trailer with motorcycle on it when I was unfortunate to be hospitalised doing an enduro in Lincolnshire.
Supposedly I am covered even if travelling in someone else's vehicle?

:beerjug:

I have RAC personal cover. It's a similar price.
They recovered my car and trailer with motorcycle on it when I was unfortunate to be hospitalised doing an enduro in Lincolnshire.
Supposedly I am covered even if travelling in someone else's vehicle?

:beerjug:

Similar price???? RAC £233 for personal/wife, rescue/ recovery and Euro???

Compared with 90 odd Euros??? Plus included medical repatriation???

Well, no reply to above e/mails. I'm away to Applecross for a few days....if still no reply I'll give the 3rd e/m address a go......odd.....

Oh, forgot to say, I gave your no. as recommending them.....hope you get something!!!

Don't go away....might need help translating all the German shite that will pop through my box later!!!!

Oh, forgot to say, I gave your no. as recommending them.....hope you get something!!!

Don't go away....might need help translating all the German shite that will pop through my box later!!!!

Cheers mate. They usually take a while to notify people; I'll let you know.

And no worries about translating, just PM me whenever.

Wunderbar!!!

Got card(s) today and loadsagumpf in german!!!... I think I'll pm my new best friend and get it all translated.....appears to have cost me 79.50 euros....67 quid ish ........BARGAIN!!!!! Can't beat it for Euro breakdown cover for ANY vehicle plus UK cover plus emergency medical repatriation....wheres the catch????

I don't think there's a catch, it's simple economics of scale for Europe's largest car club. I know German insurances can offer only slightly inferior breakdown coverage for 5-10 Euros a year, so ADAC probably makes a healthy profit.

So I followed the advice above and emailed service@adac.de. I just git a reply this morning:

Sehr geehrter Herr England,

vielen Dank fuer Ihre Nachricht.

Gerne geben wir Ihnen bekannt, dass die einzelnen Clubs der AIT und FIA (Dachorganisationen aller Automobilclubs) ihren Mitgliedern gegenseitig helfen. Wenn Ihr fester Wohnsitz im Ausland liegt, wird aufgrund der internationalen Vereinbarungen ein Beitritt zum Club des jeweiligen Landes erwartet. Dies ist auch deshalb empfehlenswert, weil nur so das gesamte Leistungsangebot des betreffenden Clubs genutzt werden kann.

Bitte wenden Sie sich vor Ort an den

AA Customer Support
Fanum House
Basingstoke
Hampshire RG21 4EA

Froehliche Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Bettina Roll

Which I (and Google translate) thinks says bugger off and join the AA.

Any suggestions?

John

Back
Top Bottom