Best deals for multi vehicle breakdown services

John, I can confirm the translation. Basically the clubs must have a non-compete agreement and expect you to join the local automobile club. I always thought they did and found it surprising that they allowed to join. Suggestions I have none... Maybe say you plan to move to Germany? Some story like that. I think they're trying to find a balance of honouring the non-compete and still accepting the business of abroad customers.

I'm a non German speaker, but tried ringing the 'old' number mentioned in earlier posts. Got a very long winded answerphone giving out a different number to ring.

I have tried dropping an email to Amanda who seemed helpful to others here,a asking about joining, but no reply as yet.

Has anyone else had a yes or no from them since?

Ok, no reply to email so I googled 'adac uk' and got their webpage translated into English.

States on it that for technical reasons their online system did not support addresses outside Germany.
UK residents should ring 0800 5 10 11 12 (I had to put the German dialing code in front of it)

Used skype on my mobile, so no scary international bill. The lady spoke perfect English and no problem at all signing me up.
Price was 84 Euro, plus 4 for a first time joining fee and 25 to get the wife added on.

Under £100 in todays money. Both mine and the wife's car have recently lost their first years free breakdown cover from the manufacturer, we are off on a family holiday to France this summer and my GS should be doing a trip to Croatia later this year, all of these would have required cover. Thanks for bringing ADAC to my attention.:clap:clap:clap

Ha, glad that worked out. They can't decide if they want UK business or not :D. Feel free to ping me if you need any help translating to German.

John, I can confirm the translation. Basically the clubs must have a non-compete agreement and expect you to join the local automobile club. I always thought they did and found it surprising that they allowed to join. Suggestions I have none... Maybe say you plan to move to Germany? Some story like that. I think they're trying to find a balance of honouring the non-compete and still accepting the business of abroad customers.

Would such an agreement not breach EC competition rules?

Renewal…...

ADAC

My renewal advice notice came through in plenty of time, in german of course, but with an obvious invitation to continue membership. They had included how to do it by using IBAN account etc as the easiest method, however I simply picked up the phone and called them up.

They were happy to transact in English and renewed over the phone using my Halifax Clarity Credit Card - all sorted within a few minutes and with the excellent exchange rates on this card it worked out at about £92 for the wife and I for the full package.

I can see that some others on here have had a bit of a hiccup trying to join or rejoin, but they were as keen as ever for the membership when I spoke to them. The number that I used was (00 49 941 55673) I asked them if they would be willing to speak in English, in my very best German and that was all it took, from there on in they were as helpful as you could wish for.

:thumb2

I renewed my ADAC cover last week, I phoned the Regansberg number in my earlier post, spoke to Stefanie and was able to renew cover using my prepaid Euro card with no problems at all, this is the same office that Amanda works in.

Phil.

Is there such a thing as an English version of the policy booklet?

I've no idea what exactly I'm covered for and it would be nice to know.

@gerard: I was just on the phone to what must be the sexiest phone voice in the world, and she confirmed you signed up through me; which gave me some sort of rebate on the membership for next year. I owe you a pint!

@everyone else: They seem to have an English page up, and explicitly say that international customers are welcome, but have to call. See here: http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/

Had audi cover for several years, via RAC.
Wife and kids use the AA cover which comes with bank account thought that is limited in what/where/when it is of use.

Looked at my tesco clubcard account and for £90 of vouchers I've now got the extensive RAC coverage for all of us :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom