Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hilleberg choices

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Can you tell us more about the straddling and the variety of openings please. ................😉

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    We pitched the Staika when I was at Alpenstocks and yes if you're travelling alone it would be great but two adults each with their own off road riding gear etc would be very uncomfortable.

After having the Nallo and Kaitum 3gt, the Tarra was very familiar in that it has two large vestibules and enough headroom for two 6 footers to be able to sit up, straddle each other and a variety of openings.

So yes, the Staika's brilliant if your happy to settle for second best
    I'm always on my own when I'm camping with the motorbike and so never get yo straddle anyone

If there's a chance of a straddle in Iceland do let me know and I'll bring my Saitaris as there's plenty of room in that

We pitched the Staika when I was at Alpenstocks and yes if you're travelling alone it would be great but two adults each with their own off road riding gear etc would be very uncomfortable.

After having the Nallo and Kaitum 3gt, the Tarra was very familiar in that it has two large vestibules and enough headroom for two 6 footers to be able to sit up, straddle each other and a variety of openings.

If you don't mind me asking what colour Tarra did you go for?

The very latest green seems almost black in certain light & I am liking more and more the sand colour.

..... not that I've been looking at Hillebergs on Alpenstock or owt like that you understand.

Did you have a jiggle inside with the nice Dutch lady ?

Great shop.

I bought my Nalo 2 GT, my little Akto and yes the greatest of all Tarra from them.

On the Tarra , shame the outer tent vestibules don't offer a tad more room, at one end at least.

That said... They're superb .

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what colour Tarra did you go for?

The very latest green seems almost black in certain light & I am liking more and more the sand colour.
    Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Black View Post
    Did you have a jiggle inside with the nice Dutch lady ?

On the Tarra , shame the outer tent vestibules don't offer a tad more room, at one end at least.

She's great isn't she

I've been used to my Kaitum 3GT having a much larger vestibule at one end but to be honest even with all our stuff I didn't really need it all. I need a tent that works for one or two people and after trying all the other Hillebergs, the Tarra suited me but of course not everyone.

Downside is it's weight and bulk is almost the same as the much bigger Kaitum.
    KEA

Another for Nallo 2 gt. I tent mostly on my own but the second person space made a big difference with bike gear to me. I used it for 3 years with pretty good regular use and occasional second person use too. When I sold it, it went for quite a good price.

Reggie P
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post

Thats very true .... Nallo 2 here ...almost black.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another big shout for Alpenstock!

Phoned them Monday and discussed a few options. Paid for tent and said Friday would be good for delivery.

... Parcelforce knocking my door at 9.30 this morning

Good old fashioned knowledge and service with best prices.

Great shop Alpenstock....got a Keron 3gt a few years ago and looking to get a smaller one now...maybe Naldo.
    Someone told me they were closing down...retiring...anyone know..?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]C]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234