Camping Weekend 2/3/4 August 2012 @ Lower Lode inn Gloucestershire

Beano,

Can you book a motorhome pitch with H/U for Paula and I please?

That's for the three nights.

Looking forward to it. :thumb2

Andy

PS We'll bring some extra chairs too. :D

Ok here we go with 3 weeks to go we decided to do a recky of the Lower Lode yesterday.

As long as it doesnt flood and keep raining for the next 3 weeks we will be in for a great venue. The River levels are a bit high but Sam is on hourly updates from the EA but it did rise about 5 inches over night.

The camping field was still above water but some hardy campers had pitched on high ground and were quiet happy.

Toilet and Shower Facilities are good with loads of Hot Water.

Now for the Pub! All I can say is I wont be doing any cooking as the food is Fantastic!

Sam is willing to do a Chilli/ Curry/Faggots Buffet meal on the saturday night at about £5 a head if everyone is up for it or otherwise the menu starts at about £6-95/£12-95 for great English grub.( The Blackpudding and Bacon Salad is awesome)
Any thought on this greatly appreciated as I dont want to say 20 for Chilli and then only 5 have it.

Every weekend Sam also does a full English for £5.95 which includes everything and Tea or Coffee . She will come round the night before and get numbers and if its over 20 we get Buffet so it speeds up the process of feeding everyone.

There are 2 B&B rooms left currently for those who dont want to risk soggy nights sleep so please book them direct.

Plenty of room for Tents and if your bringing a wobbly box please just give Sam a call and book your Electric!

So far we are up to about 50 Bodies and half a dozn dogs! so if you want to join the fun please stick your name down!

Oh and for the real ale men its a good selection behind the bar including the Doombar!

See you all there!

If the food is that good, I'll stick with the pub's usual menu :fnikefork
It may be designed by mountaineers, but I'm not sure my tent is built to withstand the after effects of Chilli/ Curry/Faggots :surrender:wasntme

There were a few Locals offering to do the ride outs so I guess we will have a willing volunteer very soon!

Just got back from euro camping and missing out,put us down for uno tenty dossy persony and an unwashed panzerwagon(two wheeler).might even bump into some people i've been itching to chat with for ages:D:D

As you may notice I am new here but would love to meet up with fellow GSers, I am based in Bath so it's not far to travel but the only problem is that I have a prior engagement on the Saturday. I'm not sure how these meetings pan out, will it be OK to pop in on just on the Friday?

Regards Count Pikey

As you may notice I am new here but would love to meet up with fellow GSers, I am based in Bath so it's not far to travel but the only problem is that I have a prior engagement on the Saturday. I'm not sure how these meetings pan out, will it be OK to pop in on just on the Friday?

Regards Count Pikey

If you want to come for the Friday /Afternoon/Night you will be very welcome.

Always good to see a few newbies and I'm sure we will be mostly set up by then.

Subject to River Levels that is.....I am watching it closely.

Hopefully thats the last of the rain for a while so lets hope its clear for the next 2 weeks.
Should be really warm apprently for the weekend!:blagblah

I may drag my sorry arse down to this just for the hell of it, my R80St hasn't been out to a camp for at least a couple of weeks!:thumb

Put me down for at least Sat night - Mavette will be coming too :friday

If it turns out we can make Fri night, can we just turn up?

Back
Top Bottom