To Kawasaki on a Honda

patzx12

Reaction score
Japan October 2011
I am bad a getting around to writing ride reports so I may a well get started and do a bit at a time.
We went to Japan on short notice, hired a Jap model CB750 2006 i think. I cannot say anything good about this bike a bland four cylinder engine in a heavy chassis from the 70's crude suspension and brakes. I would rather give up biking than ride this P.O.S. I am not anti Honda I like riding the CB1000 and CB1300.
First day in Tokyo we were very tired and could not check into our hotel until 3 pm so we took a walk to the Imperial Pallace (no bike until the following morning).
The day was perfect, a perfect summer's day you know that summer day you always remember. Sun shining bright clear sky, birds singing a light breeze.
The staff at the hotel were wonderfull as are all Japanese people, they kept our bags for us I had my first tug of war with the tiny Japanese girl that insisted on carrying my heavy bag containing all our riding gear the bag was bigger than herself call me old fashoned but I wouldnt let her carry it for me. In the end it was a compromise one handle each.
The Imperial Pallace is magnificent but we were just to tired and laid down on the perfect grass lawns and had a 2 hour nap.

Attachments

• JP (247).jpg
    JP (247).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 633
  • JP (22).jpg
    JP (22).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 633
  • JP (25).jpg
    JP (25).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 646
  • JP (27).jpg
    JP (27).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 634
  • JP (28).jpg
    JP (28).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 628
We were there in November, and it was pouring with rain!

The Imperial Palace gardens are lovely, though... I look forward to seeing how you coped with reading road signs - we were using the trains to get around, with help from a guide, so no such problems!

Next morning was wet very wet and we didn’t really have the gear. headed to the bike rental gaf, just a tiny lock up and office, space is scarce in Tokyo.
Togged up in some light rain gear we bought on our Australian expedition.
Off we headed south.
I had no real plan just head south. We avoided the Expressway leaving Tokyo some sections ban 2 up riding!! I caught a bit of Expressway south but left again to explore B roads.
Traffic is very calm in Tokyo due to the low speed limits, all the taxies are LPG Toyotas very quiet.
We got clear of the city limits and were travelling on very minor roads with 40kph limits.
The day was OK but it gets dark about 5 pm and the rain got worse. Time to call a halt at but we were really rural and we couldn’t find any kind of accommodation. I had a Garmin 550 in Japanese but with English verbal directions.
This was one of my big soakings in my top 10 anyway, leathers soaked underwear soaked gloves soaked if I took them off I would never get them back on again.
Visor was wet inside and out as was my glasses fingers were starting to lock up so it was getting dangerous to continue. Headed in Fuji direction and eventually arrived at a luxury hotel what a relief.

Attachments

• JP (38).jpg
    JP (38).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 502
  • JP (42).jpg
    JP (42).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 491
Mary is a real biker, never complains.

Attachments

• JP (44).jpg
    JP (44).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 487
  • JP (45).jpg
    JP (45).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 477
  • JP (57).jpg
    JP (57).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 490
more please,sir.........

You clearing the attic out of bits and bobs as the thread was left open years AGO...:D

Back
Top Bottom