camping fodder

If I’m on a reasonable length trip, I’ll make meals in advance and then dehydrate them. A full portion of chilli or spaghetti Bol takes up the same space as a third of a bag of crisps and weighs very little. No weight, no space and all you do is boil it for 2-3 mins and then leave it alone for 10 to rehydrate. Uses little gas and saves time too

What type of dehydrator do you use?
If I’m on a reasonable length trip, I’ll make meals in advance and then dehydrate them. A full portion of chilli or spaghetti Bol takes up the same space as a third of a bag of crisps and weighs very little. No weight, no space and all you do is boil it for 2-3 mins and then leave it alone for 10 to rehydrate. Uses little gas and saves time too

Our elder lad works in Springfields of Burton-on-Trent, they are ratio suppliers. They have the Wayfarers and other 'packet camping food' at very competitive prices. I don't stock up, it tends to sit around for a while between trips. Just buy enough for your trip and that's it - then buy more in for the next trip.

Breakfast - the Quaker instant porridge Oat So Simple is very good and doesn't take up hardly any room. The blueberry is good but the cinnamon is the best. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom