Sat 16th pre-tunnel accommodation

wessie

Reaction score
Okay. I'm staying overnight in the Folkestone area the night before travelling to meet the entire group in Harzé so let's have a thread about that!

Tripadvisor reviews suggest the best hotels in the area are the Pemier Inn & the HI Express which lets you know what a relative dump this corner of Kent is!

I've used the HIExpress before. It's fine but it is on an industrial park next to a big Tesco. No alternative places to eat or drink within a sensible walking distance so I'll be looking elsewhere.

So, as rooms seem to be going quite quickly for that Saturday according to booking.com I've decided to plump for the Best Western Stade in Hythe which can be booked with "free cancellation" and no upfront payment by following the link given.

I've used this hotel before a trip with Wapping. A bit tired around the gills but okay for the price. Car park at the rear - not secured but out of sight and the paranoid can chain their bike to the fire escape or other ironwork.

Decent pub (The Hope Inn) a 5 minute walk away or the Stade has a choice of British or Indian menus.

Anyone else joining me or have a better suggestion that won't cost more than £50 for B&B? As said above, I can cancel this room by clicking a link, for free if there is a better offer going...

Okay. I'm staying overnight in the Folkestone area the night before travelling to meet the entire group in Harzé so let's have a thread about that!

Tripadvisor reviews suggest the best hotels in the area are the Pemier Inn & the HI Express which lets you know what a relative dump this corner of Kent is!

I've used the HIExpress before. It's fine but it is on an industrial park next to a big Tesco. No alternative places to eat or drink within a sensible walking distance so I'll be looking elsewhere.

So, as rooms seem to be going quite quickly for that Saturday according to booking.com I've decided to plump for the Best Western Stade in Hythe which can be booked with "free cancellation" and no upfront payment by following the link given.

I've used this hotel before a trip with Wapping. A bit tired around the gills but okay for the price. Car park at the rear - not secured but out of sight and the paranoid can chain their bike to the fire escape or other ironwork.

Decent pub (The Hope Inn) a 5 minute walk away or the Stade has a choice of British or Indian menus.

Anyone else joining me or have a better suggestion that won't cost more than £50 for B&B? As said above, I can cancel this room by clicking a link, for free if there is a better offer going...

have one possible option before resorting to hotel, as my usual B&B is full for that night...should know in the next day or so , if that falls thru happy to keep you company...I am booked on the 07.20 train:blast

have one possible option before resorting to hotel, as my usual B&B is full for that night...should know in the next day or so , if that falls thru happy to keep you company...I am booked on the 07.20 train:blast

that gives you a window to catch a train up to 09.20 without penalty, so no need to forego breakfast...

Prob know help , but a couple of years ago I stayed in a hotel in folkestone , huge place , right on the main rd , there was a really good Indian rest next door :thumb sorry can remember the name :blast but was good value for money had triple room for £54 with breakfast.

Prob know help , but a couple of years ago I stayed in a hotel in folkestone , huge place , right on the main rd , there was a really good Indian rest next door :thumb sorry can remember the name :blast but was good value for money had triple room for £54 with breakfast.

Are you sure it was in Folkestone or a couple of miles to the west? Only the BW Stade has an Indian restaurant next door, well, down the corridor from the bar...

Here's a pic of the frontage. Does it ring a bell?

Z5aMQT_6NRhAqx75IYK2Wq4mjoO4Rti9OhkoX2D9XhCxONEJRwD8ayvjfMVgH0taBZ7tlCaEBziA8ZGfSAxWQyr9YMvkS51vvXi6iLvMX3OAUZ7_

I've booked in to The Best Western Stade with the same thought as you, can cancel if a better offer comes along :D
Out of sight parking is good enough and as you say can allways chain the bike to something if need be.
Looking at the website now, all of the singles are gone. Anyone else from here?

I've booked in to The Best Western Stade with the same thought as you, can cancel if a better offer comes along :D
Out of sight parking is good enough and as you say can allways chain the bike to something if need be.
Looking at the website now, all of the singles are gone. Anyone else from here?

Always worth checking other booking sites or ringing the hotel direct as booking.com will only have an allocation of rooms, plus some people may cancel.

Couldn't get into that one :nenau

Booked in here instead

Gerry and I are booked in there too-apparently :thumb2
A cab into town for a meal shouldn't break the bank between us, wonder if they will give us a discounted rate as we'll have a "senior citizen" with us :rob

OK, looks like I will be overnighting at a friends place not very far from chunnel, thought they might not be at home that weekend but all turned out well after all:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom