Nippy Normans

sgtzara

Reaction score
Was reading through another thread when someone mentioned Nippy Normans (http://www.nippynormans.com/).

Had a gander at their web-site and sure enough, they stock a reasonable amount of things for the RT.

I just recently bought a TomTom Urban Rider which came with a RAM Mount. Was able to fit the RAM Mount to the handlebar but really, it was a pretty poor fit in a pretty poor location.

Noticed that Nippy Normans sold a High Level GPS Mount which would let me fit the Sat-Nav just above the dash. E-mailed them to check it would fit my bike and my Sat-Nav ok and they e-mailed me back the next morning.

Ordered that day and it arrived two days later. Spent just over an hour fitting it this evening. Instructions were A OK and all parts present and correct. Fits really well and seems to be a good quality product.

Folk can be quick to complain sometimes but just felt I should mention great service from Nippy Normans. Dare say I'll be back at some point to buy more bling.

SatNav.jpg

A top vendor and a top banana :thumb2

.....hope he doesn't mind being called a banana :blast :D

Arch

GREAT SERVICE

I ordered a Mudsling max and a week later decided I wanted the avant fenda extenda, in hindsight I should have ordered a combo pack which is £30 cheaper, emailed NN and they organised an avant posted out for £20 , basically the same price i would have paid if I'd ordered the correct product.

Very happy with them:beerjug:

top service

had 3 deliveries of bling top services but the wife spots them every time with the bright orange tape with nippy norms bmw all over them.:thumb2

not so nippy

hi all ,
maybe ive been unlucky,but the service ive had from "not" nippy norman is poor,i ordered a headlight grill on 22/6/12 , a week later no grill,e-mailed, was told courier had returned parcel ,because of address problem,my address was correct. eventually recieved grill,doh ! grill doesnt fit,e-mailed and was told that i had ordered the wrong grill. i checked web site ,my bike was listed as a correct fit for this grill, i e-mailed to tell him web page info is wrong,was asked to return grill ,at my cost,then i got a phone call asking for more money, plus postage for the correct grill,when told this situation was his fault he paid the postage cost,still waiting for delivery !
customer service dept must be on holiday,,,,:(

hi all ,
maybe ive been unlucky,but the service ive had from "not" nippy norman is poor,i ordered a headlight grill on 22/6/12 , a week later no grill,e-mailed, was told courier had returned parcel ,because of address problem,my address was correct. eventually recieved grill,doh ! grill doesnt fit,e-mailed and was told that i had ordered the wrong grill. i checked web site ,my bike was listed as a correct fit for this grill, i e-mailed to tell him web page info is wrong,was asked to return grill ,at my cost,then i got a phone call asking for more money, plus postage for the correct grill,when told this situation was his fault he paid the postage cost,still waiting for delivery !
customer service dept must be on holiday,,,,:(

not an uncommon response for NN. there are quite a few similar reports.

i ordered once from NN, that was my last.

Used NN again this week.
Prompt service as always :)

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Had one order that took a few weeks, other than that been absolutely a1 in every respect.

Very good seller imo.

Mmmmm maybe you should judge a company by how they react when things go wrong. I have used NN for 4 years and they have been faultless. About 10 days ago, I ordered £200+ worth of stuff which didn't arrive. NN don't seem at all interested. There's no proof of posting, no tracking information, nothing. They don't seem to have any process in place to handle such situations; the delivery required no signature but they are adamant they sent it so that seems to be where they believe their responsibility ends. At NN's request I have been down to the sorting office who have no record of a delivery.

The implication in their communication is that I'm trying a low life scam (I'm not). It looks like I'll have no option but to go through the Paypal dispute process. Oh joy. Last time I'll order anything from NN unless they change their attitude towards a (once) loyal customer.

I ordered a gear lever off NN and a few days later I received an email off them saying the part was out of stock at the manufactures and was going to be 4 weeks. Ok these things happen so I waited about 6 weeks and nothing so I emailed NN. I received a reply saying telling me it was going to be a further 6 weeks and that was that.
Now what annoyed me was I shouldn't have had to chase him up to find out what was happening and he should of offered me a refund when he found out it was going to be a 12 week wait but nothing all I got was its going to be a further 6 weeks.
If he had done either of them things I would of waited and been happy about it but instead I asked for a refund and bought from Touratech.

Just to add my tuppence worth...

I find NN's service is fine as long as a) whatever you want is standard and in stock and b) you have no need to communicate with them. Name me any other retailer that won't talk to its customers on the phone FFS!

I've bought quite a bit of stuff off them over the last year or so and have run into issues on two occasions because they seem incapable of actually reading an e-mail properly or considering their response. The answer is usually 'yes, that'll be fine' or 'it'll fit, no problem' until you find out that it doesn't! On both occasions I sent an e-mail explaining what they got wrong and expressing my disappointment with their lack of care - no response in either case.

They did reasonably well getting some replacements for faulty components from Germany for me but, again, didn't communicate timescales, or what they were up to until I got a bit shirty.

In summary then - great for 'box shifting'; totally useless at communication... overall not really 'up there' when comes to actual 'customer service'.

Mmmmm maybe you should judge a company by how they react when things go wrong. I have used NN for 4 years and they have been faultless. About 10 days ago, I ordered £200+ worth of stuff which didn't arrive. NN don't seem at all interested. There's no proof of posting, no tracking information, nothing. They don't seem to have any process in place to handle such situations; the delivery required no signature but they are adamant they sent it so that seems to be where they believe their responsibility ends. At NN's request I have been down to the sorting office who have no record of a delivery.

The implication in their communication is that I'm trying a low life scam (I'm not). It looks like I'll have no option but to go through the Paypal dispute process. Oh joy. Last time I'll order anything from NN unless they change their attitude towards a (once) loyal customer.

I had some items go missing, and phoned and spoke to Norman. He sent me a replacement order that day, and it came the next day.:thumb For some reason, he doesn't use a tracking service, so once it leaves their warehouse that's it, order complete.:augie

Just to add my tuppence worth...

I find NN's service is fine as long as a) whatever you want is standard and in stock and b) you have no need to communicate with them. Name me any other retailer that won't talk to its customers on the phone FFS!

I've bought quite a bit of stuff off them over the last year or so and have run into issues on two occasions because they seem incapable of actually reading an e-mail properly or considering their response. The answer is usually 'yes, that'll be fine' or 'it'll fit, no problem' until you find out that it doesn't! On both occasions I sent an e-mail explaining what they got wrong and expressing my disappointment with their lack of care - no response in either case.

They did reasonably well getting some replacements for faulty components from Germany for me but, again, didn't communicate timescales, or what they were up to until I got a bit shirty.

In summary then - great for 'box shifting'; totally useless at communication... overall not really 'up there' when comes to actual 'customer service'.

He doesn't put his number on the website, but it's buried in the depths of UKGSER in a top secret location.:rob

Did you buy you items through paypal using a credit card? If so you are covered for these goods if they have not been recieved by you. I used to work for a transaction disputed department of a very large credit card company a few years back and we used to deal with this stuff oa daily basis.
You will have to firstly deal with paypal through their disputes process (you have 45 days to do this). If they sort it for you all is good, if not do the following.

Contact your card company and log a dipute case with the vendor. You will then probably be asked to send a gesture of good will in email form to the vendor and a copy to the card co asking the vendor to supply the goods you have paid for as you have not recieved them. If they agree to send the goods again, ask for a timeframe and wait. If they do not respond to your emails or refuse to send the goods, the card company will request proof of delivery from the vendor (signed acceptance by courier or post). If this is not available then the card company will hold the vendor responsible for faliure to deliver to thier card holder and will take the funds back from the vendor and reimburse your account. The card company will also susspend the amount of the transaction on your account from the date of case set up so that you are not liable for payment of the ammount to them while the investigation takes place.

Obviously some card companies have different proceedure but the process is basically the same across the board.

In most sutuations the vendors see sense and either refund the money or resend the goods. There are some however that suffer due to thier customer service and the money is reclaimed, either way you should have no problem. Make sure all corresespondense with the vendor is via email as any telephone conversations are inadmisable and will not help you. In fact it is far eaisier and quicker if when you send your gesture of good faith email, the vendor doesnt respond. We used to allow 7 days for a response before we would recliam the funds.

Good luck with it, i dont like shoddy customer service and some companies need to address this if they wont to retain customers in these dark times :rob

NN needs to up his telephone skills if anything Ive ordered many items over the years and most have arrived promptly however there has been times when no item has arrived and no email to suggest how long or if out of stock, so than I call him but he ain't the most helpful on the phone if you ask where my stuff is he will say can you send me email (wtf im on the phone just answer my Q ) one line conversation and I always get the feeling from the conversation I'm in the wrong for ringing him.

Christos
Thanks for that: it's useful information. Although I paid by Paypal, my Paypal account is linked with a bank account, not a credit card. I have it that way so that personal "gift" transfers attract no fees. Hopefully I won't live to regret it.

I wrote (eMail) to NN yesterday (they don't publish a phone number although I take on board above comments that it's probably out there somewhere) saying I intended to go through the Paypal Dispute process and wanted to give them every opportunity of avoiding that.

I did receive an email from Norman today: a one liner asking "Is the delivery address correct"...nothing along the lines of "sorry for the inconvenience at all" but if I get my stuff, I'm not too bothered about niceities in any case. The delivery address is, of course, correct so I'll wait and see what happens. I'm not in a desperate rush so I'm happy to give them a week to try and sort things out. I remain optimistic. I must have recommended NN to at least a dozen other people over the last 4 years since discovering them here.

Like, I suspect, many other people whose jobs involve dealing with customers, the biggest irritation is that I wouldn't consider dealing with anyone in such an off hand way.

Cheers

Did you buy you items through paypal using a credit card? If so you are covered for these goods if they have not been recieved by you. I used to work for a transaction disputed department of a very large credit card company a few years back and we used to deal with this stuff oa daily basis.
You will have to firstly deal with paypal through their disputes process (you have 45 days to do this). If they sort it for you all is good, if not do the following.

Contact your card company and log a dipute case with the vendor. You will then probably be asked to send a gesture of good will in email form to the vendor and a copy to the card co asking the vendor to supply the goods you have paid for as you have not recieved them. If they agree to send the goods again, ask for a timeframe and wait. If they do not respond to your emails or refuse to send the goods, the card company will request proof of delivery from the vendor (signed acceptance by courier or post). If this is not available then the card company will hold the vendor responsible for faliure to deliver to thier card holder and will take the funds back from the vendor and reimburse your account. The card company will also susspend the amount of the transaction on your account from the date of case set up so that you are not liable for payment of the ammount to them while the investigation takes place.

Obviously some card companies have different proceedure but the process is basically the same across the board.

In most sutuations the vendors see sense and either refund the money or resend the goods. There are some however that suffer due to thier customer service and the money is reclaimed, either way you should have no problem. Make sure all corresespondense with the vendor is via email as any telephone conversations are inadmisable and will not help you. In fact it is far eaisier and quicker if when you send your gesture of good faith email, the vendor doesnt respond. We used to allow 7 days for a response before we would recliam the funds.

Good luck with it, i dont like shoddy customer service and some companies need to address this if they wont to retain customers in these dark times :rob

Christos
Thanks for that: it's useful information. Although I paid by Paypal, my Paypal account is linked with a bank account, not a credit card. I have it that way so that personal "gift" transfers attract no fees. Hopefully I won't live to regret it.

I wrote (eMail) to NN yesterday (they don't publish a phone number although I take on board above comments that it's probably out there somewhere) saying I intended to go through the Paypal Dispute process and wanted to give them every opportunity of avoiding that.

I did receive an email from Norman today: a one liner asking "Is the delivery address correct"...nothing along the lines of "sorry for the inconvenience at all" but if I get my stuff, I'm not too bothered about niceities in any case. The delivery address is, of course, correct so I'll wait and see what happens. I'm not in a desperate rush so I'm happy to give them a week to try and sort things out. I remain optimistic. I must have recommended NN to at least a dozen other people over the last 4 years since discovering them here.

Like, I suspect, many other people whose jobs involve dealing with customers, the biggest irritation is that I wouldn't consider dealing with anyone in such an off hand way.

Cheers

No problems glad to be of some sort of help. If you do have to keep dealing with the vendor keep an eye on the timeframe for paypal disputes (45 days from day of purchase). Its not uncommon for sellers to keep promising delivery / refunds over and over again for weeks until the you eventually run out of patience. However when you come to log the dispute with Paypal you will be told that is out of timeframe to log a complaint. This happens all to frequently especially with ebay transactions and overseas sellers.

I have no personal gripe with your particular seller but this can happen even with the most reputable companies.

Hope it all pans out for you

Back
Top Bottom