KAWASAKI W800

Collected my 2011 W800 today. Had a great ride back along most of the A272 and really enjoyed it. Great torque, great handling and a pleasure to ride.

Lloyd.

W80031stMay2014_0005small.jpg

nice looking bike

Hi Zorro,
Still got the Burgman.
Best of both worlds!

I know it's an old thread but I am struggling to be sensible. Are you all still enjoying these and is there much to look for in a second hand one?

Still riding mine. Still love it. Toured France, Italy and Switzerland on it last year in cluding 17 passes and loaded with Wolfman panniers and a tent and kip mat.
It is also huge fun on the types of minor roads in East Anglia that big Advencha and sports bikes don't like to go.
Never seen another Dub in my outings though.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I'm taking delivery of one of these tomorrow - the Final Edition :bounce1. One of only 75 in the UK apparently. Been hankering after one of these or a Bonneville T100 for a while and finally taken the plunge. Roll on spring for some country lane pottering :D.

w8002_zpsuz9ohuv8.jpg

Despite my best intentions to keep the bike original and in the 'Final Edition' spec, I couldn't help myself and ended up adding a few Kawasaki genuine accessory parts. Getting the bikini fairing sprayed to match was a complete pain in the arse (Kawasaki UK were particularly useless) but got there in the end.
Loving the bike - real back to basics motorcycling without have to deal with reliability issues and it p@ssing its oil all over the garage floor.

IMG_0206_zpsvuyys96o.jpg

I looked at one of those in a local Kwak dealership and it is indeed a lovely thing, the paint finish is gorgeous, enjoy! ;)

Nice bike Bob J, what tyres are they?

Dunlop Roadmaster TT100's Sir. Not exactly the last word in cutting edge stickiness but certainly add to the period look nicely.

Had to buy another!

Thought I would come back to this thread that I started as 6 years after buying my first W800, as I have had to buy another! Saw one the last ever made versions in Greenham Kawasaki with 940 miles on the clock and had to do the deal. Out came my debit card for a right hammering, but who cares. This is my country lane fun bike, but will certainly keep the Burgman for touring. Still lusting after every GS 1200 ADV I see and just wish I could have one without my hands going numb every 10 minutes which was the reason I had to sell my lovely Beemer. One day perhaps that can be sorted out, but until then this will keep a big smile on me chops!:rolleyes:
http://kawasakiw800.blogspot.co.uk

As Photobucket deleted my original images I thought I'd re-post them. Love this bike for a sunny weekend B road potter and piss-pot lid, flies in yer teeth smiles. The baffles have since been removed from the option Kawasaki / Remus accessory exhausts and it sounds so much better and less like a sewing machine :)

i-HsH2v3T-L.jpg

i-WDHk4Dm-L.jpg

i-bpnd96D-L.jpg

As Photobucket deleted my original images I thought I'd re-post them. Love this bike for a sunny weekend B road potter and piss-pot lid, flies in yer teeth smiles. The baffles have since been removed from the option Kawasaki / Remus accessory exhausts and it sounds so much better and less like a sewing machine :)

i-HsH2v3T-L.jpg

i-WDHk4Dm-L.jpg

i-bpnd96D-L.jpg

Very nice indeed!

Anyone use one of these for touring?

And mine is for sale on here ... if anyone fancies one !!
(Late March 2019 !)

Back
Top Bottom