EU Travel Insurance

I use these guys for my trips after Daithi's recommendation
Not sure they cover off-road, cos that's not what I was looking for at the time, but you could ask the question ;)

Yup, that one looks good for on road, they don't cover you for personal accident but they do cover you for medical expenses ! (I thought they were the same thing but apparently not ) Suppose you can't have it all ! Cheers !

"Motorcycling (on public roads, provided you wear a safety helmet and possess a licence which would allow you to ride an equivalent motorcycle in your home country, no quad biking, racing or off road, section 4 - personal accident excluded);"

Why is this topic always such a pain in the backside to sort out?! :mad:
I'm sitting here with the results of an advanced search on *here* / a pile of scribbled on post-it notes / multiple open web pages / a full mug of coffee and the headache pills on standby.

and all i have so far is quotes for cover that excludes riding a neffing Bike! :banghead:

..... and breathe.
Just off the phone to "Bikers travel insurance" - now waiting for the quote to arrive in my eMail.

Any other up to date suggestions folks?
Thanks. :beerjug:

Not being smart guys, but from previous experience i know i need replies and guidance from people in Ireland.
The U.K. may as well be a different planet for insewerance purposes.
Thank you.

I used Blue insurance for USA trip, they covered medical, repatriation etc, but I think if you already have health insurance and in the event of an accident, the health insurance will try pass claim over to the travel insurance and visa versa, so def good idea to have it but hope you never need it. If you die out there and have not declared all your medical history correctly then your next of kin is landed with the bills, so be careful filling out the proposal form. When I took out multi trip with Blue last year it worked out a better deal than just doing single trip.:rob

Who suggested "world nomad"? :mad:
The website is vague with regard to cover on a Bike.
The mail i got in answer to my query to this was full of info / but just as vague.
So - i phoned, from work - and got a snotty response and EVENTUALLY "sorry sir we dont cover motorcyclists".

Just off the phone to "Blue" insurance. At least they're based in Ireland :rolleyes: .... got a quote :)
€136.95 or €214.85 :eek:
We're only going to Brittany for 10 days FFS!

The first actual quote i got was from "bikerstravelinsurance".
i thought it was bad at about €86.
It dont look so bad now. :(

right - going to look back at this thread again - see if i've missed anything.
JeeZus! - wot a palaver.:blast

And finally ...

https://www.123.ie/

as part of my telephone / website marathon search for travel insewerance i phoned the above.
Didn't expect a result, which just shows how far wrong i can be with assumptions. :blush:
ANYhow, long story short;
"gold" cover for me and Mrs Og - €67.14 ("bronze" was €41.99)

I'm happy enough with that. :thumb2

https://www.123.ie/

as part of my telephone / website marathon search for travel insewerance i phoned the above.
Didn't expect a result, which just shows how far wrong i can be with assumptions. :blush:
ANYhow, long story short;
"gold" cover for me and Mrs Og - €67.14 ("bronze" was €41.99)

I'm happy enough with that. :thumb2
Now another spanner in the works, phoned 123.ie and was told no cover if traveling on a motorbike, told the nice girl you got it from them, [didn't mention your name] so off she went to check with manager and same reply no cover, so back to Blue and got worldwide multi trip grade 3 for two people €99.00.

So are you guys talking about buying separate travel insurance in addition to your normal bike insurance? Is the EU travel cover that's often included with normal bike policies crap or something?

So are you guys talking about buying separate travel insurance in addition to your normal bike insurance? Is the EU travel cover that's often included with normal bike policies crap or something?
We are talking about travel insurance not motor insurance, So if you decide to drive your bike for example to Spain on your holidays you would be looking at travel insurance to cover you in case of accident and repatriation etc, but the important thing to remember if you drive a bike above 125cc your normal travel cover wont suffice, then you need grade 3 as in my case with Blue insurance.

Tried Og's suggestion of 123.ie but, like Gerry, they told me they don't do it & it didn't matter how well I knew Og :D

So I went with Blue - €47 for a years Grade 3 cover in Europe. Job done :thumb

Back
Top Bottom