First day meeting?

Wishing you guys and Gals a great trip. :beerjug::beerjug:

Mark , I hope you don't mind but Ive downloaded the route files and am going to do the trip myself leaving on or around the 10th of august ( a wee treat for my 40th ) . This will be my first major forray into Europe, other than Ieper & Verdun . So , thanks in advance for all your hard work, it really is very much appreciated .
Have fun and stay safe . :beerjug::beerjug: John

No problem, John. Hopefully, the routes will be quite interesting :thumb

With a bit of luck, someone on the trip will post a ride out report and photos soon after we get back :)

Just one note of caution for the trip - a large number of tunnels on passes in Italy tend to be unlit with hairpins in them...makes for an interesting workout for the old sphincter...:eek:

No problem, John. Hopefully, the routes will be quite interesting :thumb

With a bit of luck, someone on the trip will post a ride out report and photos soon after we get back :)

Just one note of caution for the trip - a large number of tunnels on passes in Italy tend to be unlit with hairpins in them...makes for an interesting workout for the old sphincter...:eek:

:eek::eek::eek: :blast :beerjug:

:blast

How will you get to Calais - are you riding there from another French port, or will you be getting a ferry to Calais?

mark, we were going to take the ferry from rosslare to cherbourg and ride up to calais, but changed our mind and now taking the ferry to fishgard riding to folkstone and getting the chunnelly thing to calais, will be in calais all goin well for 1 pm on saturday, hotel and wait to meet you guys on sunday if possible , what you think :aidan

Hmmm...I'll be getting off the chunnel (with a few others) on Sunday about 8:50 French time.

Unless you're stopping over in Calais on Saturday night, it might be easiest to meet at the first hotel in Belgium on Sunday night?

PS - did you get my email?

M

I'm nominally on the 0720 shuttle but I imagine I will be making use of the 2 hour window an may not rock up until 0830 - it's only a gentle trundle down to Harzé so no need for a stupidly early start.

Back
Top Bottom