Which Modern bikes will become Classics?

The ST certainly is distinctive. There's a you tube video of a bloke taking one round the Nordschleife circuit quite quick........

Looking at the current classic bike situation it looks like the 70s stuff is still strong but the supply of resto bikes is drying up. The early 80s bikes like the GPz1100, GS1000, GSX1100 , cbx1000 are all going up in price. Forget your RG and RD 500 they are mad money and hard to find.
The next bikes that will start generating interest are things like GPZ900A1s, GSXR750 &1100, FZ750 and VFR1000R. These are the bikes the 50+ crowd drooled over as teenagers and still hold a connection with.

My mate has just bought an R1100s. Not as a future classic but as a second bike to enjoy on the odd (rare) sunny day. But I reckon it could be a winner.

Image.jpeg
Stock photo, but his is in mint condition with 15000 miles and fsh. What a bike for £2500!

I agree but has to be a BCR

Attachments

• R1100S.jpeg
    R1100S.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 10
Looking at the current classic bike situation it looks like the 70s stuff is still strong but the supply of resto bikes is drying up. The early 80s bikes like the GPz1100, GS1000, GSX1100 , cbx1000 are all going up in price. Forget your RG and RD 500 they are mad money and hard to find.
The next bikes that will start generating interest are things like GPZ900A1s, GSXR750 &1100, FZ750 and VFR1000R. These are the bikes the 50+ crowd drooled over as teenagers and still hold a connection with.

The brief appearance of a GPZ900R in TG2 will boost demand for them a bit but they’ve been fetching decent money for a while now so I think the biggest difference will be how quickly they go rather than how much they go for.

I annoyed my wife a while ago by showing her adverts for GPZ750 Turbos because she sold hers about 10 years ago for half their current asking prices but I might be able to talk her into getting rid of her 916 before it needs the belts changing without being ridden again :blast

The brief appearance of a GPZ900R in TG2 will boost demand for them a bit but they’ve been fetching decent money for a while now so I think the biggest difference will be how quickly they go rather than how much they go for.

I annoyed my wife a while ago by showing her adverts for GPZ750 Turbos because she sold hers about 10 years ago for half their current asking prices but I might be able to talk her into getting rid of her 916 before it needs the belts changing without being ridden again :blast
916 dukes are already fetching big money. If you’ve got a foggy rep or spa then they are in the 25/30k mark.

Back
Top Bottom