Which Modern bikes will become Classics?

I know you do....nice one as well....... why sell? :thumb

I took the TBS in part exchange for my RT thinking there would be a lot more people out there prepared to put £3k into a bike rather than the £7500 the RT owed me

It appears I was wrong :blast

i think for a manufacturer to intentionally set out to build a retro "classic" is likely to ensure it will never become one.

an RC30 is a great classic because it was a great bike when it was new.

i think for a manufacturer to intentionally set out to build a retro "classic" is likely to ensure it will never become one.

Wise words indeed.

Have you ever ridden a TBS? A retro classic yes, but one that doesn't leak oil, 900 triple engine that is a peach, have a look and see if you could get a good low mileage one less than it cost new? The demand is what creates a classic..... I think this bike will be:beerjug:

Without a doubt, the G650Xcountry :thumb

L1000898-L.jpg

:beerjug:

1998 R1
2004-2007 VFR750
Ducati 999
1999-2000 unrestricted Hyabusa
2004 ZX10R

Erm, starting to struggle after that :confused:

Another vote for the Blackbird here...

...only because I've had one for nearly 15 years and can't bear to part with it:D

and dont forget the huge numbers of bikes they can knock out these days.

I read that the Ohio Goldwing plant knocked out 1,000,000 motorcycles

before it closed, it built the whole of the next years production so that they had 12 months to set up a new factory back in Japan.

That's a lot of bikes for pretty much no one to collect in 30 years time from what I can see.

certainly not in europe/usa anyway

Any thing with disc brakes is modern to me :rob

Disc brakes came in in the 70s along with the CX500. There are numerous bikes from that era which are already well established as classics.

It's much harder to foresee which of the bikes made in the last 10 years will eventually become regarded as classics either because they stand out in terms of performance/looks (can't think of any) or because of their rarity - HP2 enduro for example

Back
Top Bottom