Which Modern bikes will become Classics?

Ooops, must've gotten flicked up by the back tyre, officer :rolleyes:

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

These maybe?

Without a shadow of doubt; especially the FL, FM, or indeed the RC30.

Surprised not to see the NR750 get a mention?
6a863cNR750.jpg

...or,the OW-01 :drool
2ee18eYam-OW01.jpg

The RC30 is obvious however I am interested to know why you consider the FL/FM to be more likely candidates than the earlier and later non-homologation models.
The earliest FG/FH model was first of the breed which historically has counted for something when it comes to classic status, the FJ/FK models were a little lighter and a lttle more powerful than all the other models and the very latest FR/FS/FT/FV models with the Testarossa like side venting are arguably the best to look at. To my mind this leaves the FL/FM/FN/FP models as the least desirable from a classic viewpoint. The fact that the `middle` models were the first to have the Pro-Arm doesn`t make a difference in my opinion as it had already been used for a few years on the smaller VFR400NC24.

Maybe this one I saw on another site. Reported 15k though :D

Attachments

• bmw_gs2_01.jpg
    bmw_gs2_01.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 699
Ducati Panigale
Aprilia RS250
Twin cam 1200GS (but not special editions) ;)

The RC30 is obvious however I am interested to know why you consider the FL/FM to be more likely candidates than the earlier and later non-homologation models.
The earliest FG/FH model was first of the breed which historically has counted for something when it comes to classic status, the FJ/FK models were a little lighter and a lttle more powerful than all the other models and the very latest FR/FS/FT/FV models with the Testarossa like side venting are arguably the best to look at. To my mind this leaves the FL/FM/FN/FP models as the least desirable from a classic viewpoint. The fact that the `middle` models were the first to have the Pro-Arm doesn`t make a difference in my opinion as it had already been used for a few years on the smaller VFR400NC24.
Simply from my own experience and perspective, Mark... I've had both later and earlier models and (again, IME) the FL and FM are the ones I'd plump for this status given the choice...

Again, based on experience, these have got to be worthy of a mention in this thread? :)

900SS-J926SOF.jpg

851-H466UVR.jpg

Surprised not to see the NR750 get a mention?
6a863cNR750.jpg

...or,the OW-01 :drool
2ee18eYam-OW01.jpg

Nr 750 in a bike shop 100 m from where i work in Preston. Fastline , they want over £100K . I was looking at the screen the other day , it looks mettalised, i read up they are £1600 to replace!

how about....

Ghezzi Brian 1100 sport....simply stunning and pure art.
Bmw HP2 M Moto
And now for the laughable.....
CBR 400rr Gull Arm, if unmolested/raced, the incarnation of the blade
Bimota Mantra (red/black-only 28 made)
.....all a bit special in there own ways.

Ghezzi Brian 1100 sport....simply stunning and pure art.
Bmw HP2 M Moto
And now for the laughable.....
CBR 400rr Gull Arm, if unmolested/raced, the incarnation of the blade
Bimota Mantra (red/black-only 28 made)
.....all a bit special in there own ways.

I always lusted after a ghezzi Brian, right up until I read the article in this months owners mag.

What pile of badly engineered shite.

REALLY?

..do you believe everything you read? Have you ridden one? Do you prefer riding bikes so refined and lacking of charachter that they are positively
sterile, dull and require little rider input?
The Ghezzi was a winning super bike homolgated for road use and
winner of the Italian SuperTwin Championship and the dominator of the American A.M.A. Championship.
I think it is true to say some terrible bikes have become classics over the years, but to pass judgement on what you have read is a touch narrow minded. An article slagging off a subject matter fills pages and in turn magazines, which the gullible, or uneducated, or both, believe.
Might also be worth considering how many, perhaps a dozen owners in this country at most will ever get to ride a Ghezzi Super Twin and are unlikely to ever contradict a magazine article.
My Ghezzi may well be as you described, but hell it's fun to ride, attracts attention from young and old alike and makes for a pleasant conversation with the majority, oppinion is divided more often than not, as is the freedom of speech. Thanks for your constuctive comment.:thumb

and for the record....

A local Ghezzi owner uses his as a daily commute and has racked up 45'000 miles with only the usual maintenance and routine servicing.

Sounds like a reliable pile of shite to me:rob:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom