Which Modern bikes will become Classics?

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So...........which of today's bikes will achieve classic status in future years?

Fireblade?

Blackbird?

916?

Ninja?

R1100GS?

Don't think the 1100GS will but the 1150ADV will for sure.
Definately the 916 and early Fireblade.

KTM640 ADV will/already has, it's the bike everyone tries to create.

That's about it:D

the first blade is already regarded as a Classic:thumb2

as will the 1100GS

i suppose some will , but i dont see any of the latest bikes that make me think classic:(

Don't think the 1100GS will but the 1150ADV will for sure.
Definately the 916 and early Fireblade.

KTM640 ADV will/already has, it's the bike everyone tries to create.

That's about it:D

It's a long time since an 1150ADV could be considered to be a modern bike ;)

ducati should make the list easy... any BMW HP... due to their limited numbers.

the problem you either need it to be exculsive (low numbers) or brilliant and hope everyone crashes theirs first leaving you to hold a good example of a ground breaking bike.

What do you mean by 'modern'?

Do you mean 'in current production', in which case early varients of current models wouldn't count (so that rules out early Fireblades, GSXR750's etc etc)?

I'm struggling with current production bikes. I'm crap at this sort of thing, if I wasn't I could have been a rich man by now :)

Go on then, I'll say it...............

.......first series of the R1200GS (so that'll be 2005 - 06 models) :thumb2

Andres

I really doubt it, but with even dreadful 1980's Jap. stuff becoming regarded as 'Classic'... who knows :confused:

Do you mean 'in current production', in which case early varients of current models wouldn't count (so that rules out early Fireblades, GSXR750's etc etc)?

I'm struggling with current production bikes. I'm crap at this sort of thing, if I wasn't I could have been a rich man by now :)

Andres

Anything from.......................say 1995 onwards, to 2005

Stuff that is still very competent and still relatively affordable - like the above from my list

.......first series of the R1200GS (so that'll be 2004 - 06 models) :thumb2

Andres

fixed :thumb

I really doubt it, but with even dreadful 1980's Jap. stuff becoming regarded as 'Classic'... who knows :confused:

:p

Mind you, I was sort of half serious - if you think about it a lot of the 70's/80's Jap stuff that is verging on 'classic' now is not by virtue of having been especially good bikes but more because of the number of peeps that owned them (and fancy one again through their rose tinted specs) and because of possibly a unique or original feature (such as water cooling on the LC's).

So the R1200GS ticks those boxes; first big overhaual of the GS since the oil heads were introduced, quirky engineering solutions, last of the air cooled boxers and the first WMB to sell in really big numbers and be attractive enough to tempt riders away from other 'types' of bike and own their first BWM (me included).

:blast thank you.

OK, another stab at a future classic and ignoring ones that already are showing signs of going that way.............

Original Ducati Monsters

MV Augusta F4

Andres

If Austin Allegros and Morris Marinas can achieve "classic" status, even early R1200GSs will.

...if you think about it a lot of the 70's/80's Jap stuff that is verging on 'classic' now is not by virtue of having been especially good bikes but more because of the number of peeps that owned them (and fancy one again through their rose tinted specs)...

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be... :D

R1100s Boxercup.

All R1100s given time.

Urban tiger blade.

gsxr 750/5

g650 x/country

1100s multisrada.

Steve

MV Augusta F4

Andres

yup they will a mate of mine has his on a platform in his bedroom . one of the joys of being single:D

personally i think its a waste he should take it out and enjoy what it was made for:rolleyes: it will still be a classic if looked after

Urban tiger FireBlade

266812190_urUNX-L-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom