Which Modern bikes will become Classics?

Buy a one of those R9T racers - BMW cannot give them away at the mo - most are pre reg @ £8.5k... come back in 8 years and they will carry a premium.........

Back in the day I bought an R1150GS from South Croydon BMW' liquidated stock...... for £5,000... it was two years old - They offered me a nearly new HP2 for £7,000 and I said no............... Oh FFS!!!!

I know this is a very old thread now but

It is something I have been pondering on for a few months and the conclusion i came to is that a Ducati Monster 900 would make a very nice long term restoration project for me with the probability of a decent return on it a few years down the line

My brother in law owned an early Monster 900 in the mid 90's and when he had a run in with HMRC he sold it to my wife for £1 and it lived in my garage for 2 years and was on my insurance policy . It looked lovely but it was in reality an utter mare on the road

Any big air cooled Ducati (OK I may be stretching things a little but I don't think I'm far off the mark).
Gone for all eternity from the production line and still bringing that certain joie de vivre to motorcycling.
A quality of spirit and soul that eludes description. Long may they be ridden.

Any big air cooled Ducati (OK I may be stretching things a little but I don't think I'm far off the mark).
Gone for all eternity from the production line and still bringing that certain joie de vivre to motorcycling.
A quality of spirit and soul that eludes description. Long may they be ridden.

Well three of them were rode to the Tan Hill Inn this lunch time, joie de vivre, quality of spirit and soul were all there, but where was you? :D

Attachments

• DSC_0002_11.jpg
    DSC_0002_11.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 551
  • DSC_0003_2.jpg
    DSC_0003_2.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 535
Well three of them were rode to the Tan Hill Inn this lunch time, joie de vivre, quality of spirit and soul were all there, but where was you? :D

Pushing this cool dude round Southport.:cool:

No worries though, when we get back from Spain in a couple of weeks or so 'il gruppo di quattro' will burn some rubber
to Tescos for a cup of their finest frappachino and photo shoot.:D

BTW, has Rob sprouted ears on his lid? ..and that looks like the spot where AD dropped his bike in April?:augie

Attachments

• IMG_20180820_125936126.jpg
    IMG_20180820_125936126.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 511
Cagiva Elephant
Ducati air cooled engine, cool “race” paint scheme, and you dont see many nowadays.

My vote for a future classic......but Ive been wrong before !

Believe it or not, spellcheck turned my original post to “ Captivating elephant” !

How I wish I'd kept my RG500 Pepsi 1989 :mad:

I bought it for £3K, kept it a year and sold it for...£3K.

Good ones are going for between £10 and perhaps £15K now.

Luckily I still have have the Honda :thumb

Attachments

• rg.JPG
    rg.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 698
Hondavfr800

Having owned a triumph sprint st. ....I think they have a chance especially in the centenary "green"
It's grown on me
I have now owned x8 hinckley triumphs. ....I guess I like them
20180323_155429.jpg

Which modern bikes will become classics ?

Older bikes that are already classics;

- BMW R90S,R100RS;Moto-Guzzi 850 LeMans;Ducati 900SS beveldrive,Honda CBX,RC30,Kawasaki KZ900,Suzuki 1100 Katana,Yamaha RD250/350 LC

Newer bikes that will become classics;my crystal ball says...;)

-BMW R Nine T,R1100S,HP-2S,S1000RR as the first superbike that gave 200 hp to the masses and made it rideable;Ducati 916,Moto-Guzzi S/01 the best Guzzi never produced but beautiful nevertheless,Aprilia RSV4

My favorite from all of them - BMW R Nine T - beautiful to look at,good exhaust sound and fun to ride :thumb2

Which modern bikes will become classics ?

Older bikes that are already classics;

- BMW R90S,R100RS;Moto-Guzzi 850 LeMans;Ducati 900SS beveldrive,Honda CBX,RC30,Kawasaki KZ900,Suzuki 1100 Katana,Yamaha RD250/350 LC

Newer bikes that will become classics;my crystal ball says...;)

-BMW R Nine T,R1100S,HP-2S,S1000RR as the first superbike that gave 200 hp to the masses and made it rideable;Ducati 916,Moto-Guzzi S/01 the best Guzzi never produced but beautiful nevertheless,Aprilia RSV4

My favorite from all of them - BMW R Nine T - beautiful to look at,good exhaust sound and fun to ride :thumb2

Ducati 916 a classic? Who would have thought? :D

Back
Top Bottom