Explorer luggage

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Too a test ride on an EXP yesterday and loved it.
Not too keen on the luggage though, doesn't seem to hold much, especially the top box which is bloody expensive and small.
Anyone tried the Givi mounting kit ? I've already got a 52L Givi box which takes 2 lids and has a nice back-rest for the misses.

Any other ideas ?

(probably go for some Stalkhoffer at a later stage when I can afford it)

luggage

Yes.As it happens ive got a full set of trax alu luggage in black with the QD evo side mountings and rack if you are interested.:beerjug:

I have the SW-Motech Alu Plate with Givi Adapter and use a Trekker 33 or 52 litre top box depending on what capacity I need (the 33 is also used as a Pannier when needed)

The Givi made Alu plate sits the top box maybe 1" forwards of where it sits on the SW-Motech plate. Not sure if the Givi Plastic plate is the same.

All 3 designs make use of the bolt mounts for the plastic cover of the existing Explorer rear carrier as such very easy to fit.

Apart from the front to back positioning being different, the SW-Motch setup is more expensive but does mean you can remove the Givi Adaptor leaving a flat alu plate to allow something else to be strapped instead of a top box.

LUGGAGE FOR TRIUMPH

Hi
Stahlkoffer has been making bespoke aluminium luggage for the Triumph for some time now.
Please give us a call - I am sure we can help.
Regards
Bernie
Tel: 07710 149 726

I had SW motech frames coupled with Givi Trekker 33L's

They sat too far up for a passenger to get on and off easily, and I kept kicking the boxes too...

If I still had the bike I'd have a proper set of ally luggage for it by now ;)

Back
Top Bottom