BMW Motorrad seeks five adventure riders for the ultimate round-the-world test ride.

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 08 October 2012

BMW Motorrad seeks five adventure riders for the ultimate round-the-world test ride.

Five riders will take the new R 1200 GS across five continents on an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime.

BMW Motorrad is offering adventure motorcycle riders the chance to take the all-new 2013 R 1200 GS on a round-the-world overland expedition, taking in five continents on its “One World. One R 1200 GS.” tour. Each of the five riders, selected by a panel of experts, will ride one of the legs through their chosen continent.

To earn their place on the unprecedented “One World. One R 1200 GS.” expedition, motorcyclists are invited to tell BMW Motorrad why they would make the perfect ambassador for the new R 1200 GS.

A jury of international VIPs and motorcycle adventurers will select five riders from around the world, based on their motorcycling experience, ambitions, attitude and, above all, their passion for two-wheeled adventure. The five appointed ambassadors will be among the first people to ride the highly-anticipated next generation GS ahead of its international launch in March 2013.

The “One World. One R 1200 GS.” adventure, the first project of its kind in the world, will see the 2013 GS travel through New Zealand, Asia, South Africa, America and Europe between December and March 2013, exploring ancient monuments and vibrant, modern cities via trail and tarmac.

Tony Jakeman, marketing manager for BMW Motorrad UK, said: “The all-new R 1200 GS has set the bar higher than ever for adventure sports motorcycles. With its new engine and class-leading innovations, including Dynamic-ESA semi-active suspension, it is more capable than ever. We believe the R 1200 GS can tackle just about anything the world can throw at it.

“BMW Motorrad created the “One World. One GS.” campaign to exemplify everything the GS brand stands for, giving five inspirational adventure riders the opportunity to take part in a continent-crossing expedition. The new GS will be put through its paces on some of the toughest terrain in the world, and give five riders the adventure of a lifetime.”

How to take part.
This amazing expedition is open to all riders aged 21 and over, who have held a full motorcycle licence for at least one year. To enter, riders are invited to fill in a form including a short paragraph (around 150 words) about themselves, hoping to catch the attention and imagination of the judges.

Riders from the UK and Ireland can enter via www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk. The closing date for entries is 30 November 2012.

For more information on the all-new BMW R 1200 GS, click here.

i-Xtxf9nt-L.jpg

One World. One GS.

i-45MFWXg-L.jpg

Five riders will get to ride the new R 1200 GS on five continents

i-4DsrFHN-L.jpg

The all-new R 1200 GS will be put to the ultimate test on the ultimate ride

i-J7NXWNp-L.jpg

The winners will explore their chosen continent on a GS

i-mL9P3LR-L.jpg

The five new GS ambassadors will circle the globe on the R 1200 GS

i-3jz56dm-L.jpg

Each leg of the expedition will be packed with adventures

:blast

Quick....hide that last piccy from Toad.

You just KNOW he's going to have to turn up at the hograost with one of these tents now :D

i-3jz56dm-L.jpg

that's a cool tent....it looks like it's even got a jaccuzzi... on the left...

wonder why they haven't offered it to Ob1 and Ob2?

or any of the crop of Ob mates and assorted Klingon's and camp followers...:hide

dear BMW I would like to ride your nice new motorcycle because

schlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlock
schlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlock
schlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlockschlock

yours sincerley

Mr. Lo.....

150 words jobs a carrott I'll get me toothbrush....

Back
Top Bottom