Random Guzzi Shit

A beaut. Love the bike but the orange stripe and red Davida sticker should go IMHO.

Don’t listen to me though, it’s your bike, and you don’t have to please anyone else but yourself.

Enjoy
:beerjug:
Only had it a few hours, give me a chance! Davida’s are definitely going. Orange bits are slowly growing on me. Need to get a whitewall for the rear too, and side panels. However that will all have to wait. I have a nice pair of Wixom’s which came with it. Looking forward to making it ‘mine’. I enjoy that part.:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Will you keep the Saltire? McGuzzi?

Before I saw it in the metal I had planned long term to return it to stock. Now that I’ve had a good look at it I think I’ll maybe just take off the Davida stickers, mount the Wixom panniers, add a screen possibly and oversize indicators then just run it as it is. I have the original handlebar fairing and screen too, so that’s another option. It has so much character and a great back story which I’m still piecing together. Makes a wonderful noise too!

:aidan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181107-224719.jpg
    Screenshot_20181107-224719.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 395
:aidan

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1541784202053.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541784202053.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 348
:cool:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1541955363321.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541955363321.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 301
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes. Not keen on the heel/toe brake arrangement on my Cali EV1100. Has anyone tried any other idea?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes. Not keen on the heel/toe brake arrangement on my Cali EV1100. Has anyone tried any other idea?

Well my Cali 3 has a similar / same set up as yours.
For the first month of using it i kept forgetting the Heel / toe and just used the toe as per conventional set up! :blast
Worked well enough for me. If all linkages are good condition and well lubed should work for you.
Otherwise you could try finding and converting parts off another model Guzzi to do the job.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh - how do you find the footbrake pedal? i'd love to convert mine to a lower, further forward mounted one i've seen on a few Cali's. But of course - i cant find a pic now. :rolleyes:

Well my Cali 3 has a similar / same set up as yours.
For the first month of using it i kept forgetting the Heel / toe and just used the toe as per conventional set up! :blast
Worked well enough for me. If all linkages are good condition and well lubed should work for you.
Otherwise you could try finding and converting parts off another model Guzzi to do the job.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh - how do you find the footbrake pedal? i'd love to convert mine to a lower, further forward mounted one i've seen on a few Cali's. But of course - i cant find a pic now. :rolleyes:
The last paragraph of your reply is the set up I am looking for. My question was really asking if anybody had done any form of modification to remove the heel/toe system.

No - because when all is in good condition .... it works really well.
True story : Friend Chris , with his 100,000 mile Cali , decided during his winter overhaul (as we seemed to do in the 70's / 80's) ... he would revamp his gear linkages - did so , got everything "tightened up" ... felt lovely , no play anywhere . Tried it out ...... it was crap !!. Quickly went bak to what he had.

My Cali 3 has a revamped system which uses rose joints (grease-able) instead of pins ... works very well , along with re-enginered (newly made , home designed) lever. Rear brake has been converted to work with your heel !! - never seen this before , this work really well too !

I am happy with the gear change heel/toe but I am not so happy with the foot brake arrangement.
Just looking for ideas.

Back
Top Bottom