Random Guzzi Shit

Well..... wee update. R100S gone to Son in Law for not much money! Funduro gone to our club's mine host. R80 Bumblebee, being pawed over next week (I really DO NOT want to sell this) but too tall for me now.) I've gotten stranded with a dodgy hip once too often!
K75RT bought from this parish last year. Lovely bike. Same problem as above.
I now have;
Moto Guzzi Nuovo Falcone 1972 Militaire.
Moto Guzzi 1100i California 1995.
Moto Guzzi V7 2008 (I love this bike).
Moto Guzzi Ambassador 1970. Deposit paid.
I'm happy.
No more help required.
Happy Chappy.

did you clear-out Ronnie Leadbetters garage ?

That looks like a very uncomfortable pile to me; cables all over ; bars too low and at a shit angle; and exaust that you park your bike on. It's a miss .:barf

Eggzakery..
And no doubt a large wedge spent..:blast

The eye of the beholder, springs to mind..

:beerjug:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1539888481842.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539888481842.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 357
Nice day for a potter...

dc26fc464b04e9869258882272854114.jpg

Yes , good day for a potter indeed .....

Attachments

• Guzzi Low res.jpg
    Guzzi Low res.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 315
:aidan

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1540494369431.jpg
    FB_IMG_1540494369431.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 259
Certainly different..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1540503947425.jpg
    FB_IMG_1540503947425.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 245
  • FB_IMG_1540503941714.jpg
    FB_IMG_1540503941714.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 245
Just an idle thought... I want to get my lads to experience the fun of motorcycle touring, so am thinking of a few short trips to Ile de Rey or similar next year.

I've seen a good condition Norge with full luggage for not too much money. Anything particular to look out for on these? It's the older 2 valve head motor.

Paul

Just an idle thought... I want to get my lads to experience the fun of motorcycle touring, so am thinking of a few short trips to Ile de Rey or similar next year.

I've seen a good condition Norge with full luggage for not too much money. Anything particular to look out for on these? It's the older 2 valve head motor.

Paul

Don't think there are any major problems. The swing arm bearings can seize and are a pig to remove. Check the rear light cluster, led's can fail and they are very expensive to replace. 2 valve model, IMHO, is the much better engine. No chocolate cam followers as on the 4/8 valve engine. Also check for any oil leaks coming down the near side of the engine casing, it can be the oil pressure sensor switch which is a pretty common fail. Not an expensive DIY fix but it is fairly difficult to get to as it's right in the middle of the V of the engine.

Cracking looker... :cool:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1540587925484.jpg
    FB_IMG_1540587925484.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 501
Don't think there are any major problems. The swing arm bearings can seize and are a pig to remove. Check the rear light cluster, led's can fail and they are very expensive to replace. 2 valve model, IMHO, is the much better engine. No chocolate cam followers as on the 4/8 valve engine. Also check for any oil leaks coming down the near side of the engine casing, it can be the oil pressure sensor switch which is a pretty common fail. Not an expensive DIY fix but it is fairly difficult to get to as it's right in the middle of the V of the engine.

Thank you for that. it's the 1200, a 2007 model and has been properly serviced. I will look out for those items you mention. Incidentally when the oil pressure switch failed on my Monster hybrid - and perhaps they are similar - I avoided the Ducati part at about £60 and spend £13 on the same part from a Renault dealer!

Thank you for that. it's the 1200, a 2007 model and has been properly serviced. I will look out for those items you mention. Incidentally when the oil pressure switch failed on my Monster hybrid - and perhaps they are similar - I avoided the Ducati part at about £60 and spend £13 on the same part from a Renault dealer!

I had a 2007 sport with the 2 valve 1200 engine. it was a lovely engine and I prefer it to the 4/8 valve engine in the later 1200's. As for the oil pressure switch,last one I did was on a 2008 Stelvio and was £25. It's almost impossible to see if the swing arm bearing are seized without actually removing the swing arm. It's a well documented problem, the cause being lack of grease applied at the factory. I've had a 1200 sport and a 1200 Stelvio both with this problem. To be fair even if I knew the bike had this problem it wouldn't put me off buying it. in my experience Guzzi's can often come with minor niggling problems rather than anything catastrophic. with a good history and the right price I wouldn't be afraid to have a punt.
I'm currently running a 2005 1100 Breva which is an absolute peach to ride.

Back
Top Bottom