Show Us Your Sidecars.

I got a bit over enthusiastic with my old K100 outfit and nearly put it in a ditch lifting the chair on an icy road and I’ve made the front end slide away on the Tenere going too fast round a roundabout on a slippery roundabout in the NL so yes, there’s fun to be had :eek:

Yeah, I think the most terrifying thing I did on an outfit was on my old hard tailed XS2; ‘cos it was hard tailed it was really easy to drift on right handers only this particular time the sidecar wheel dug in half way through a drift........the back wheel of the bike lifted and I basically lost any sort of control, it was like riding a bike on castors...... I ended up on the pavement on the opposite side of the toad.

Andres

I will admit to crashing a mates bsa 650 outfit when I was 18,
I borrowed it to take my test on to get around the then new two parts test.
I failed the test then crashed it into a lamp post exiting a rh corner on the way home.
the rear wheel of the bike lifted,I had to straighten up,mounted the kerb then bang!
I flew over the bars ,did a funky gymnastic flip and landed on my arse.
Luckily it was onto a grass verge so didn’t get hurt,
The same couldn’t be said for the bike which needed a bit of tlc:comfort

Our family transport was a BSA M21 and a sidecar that could take 4 kids - It once took on holiday us 4 kids, a Neighbour and my Mum and Dad on the bike, 7!

I can’t recall the journeys, they must have been fun (Not) but my lasting memory is the stink of fibre glass

I’m the chubby dark haired one :D

Attachments

• 8C9813F6-96E4-4E8E-A3F5-8DD7F5862D4C.jpeg
    8C9813F6-96E4-4E8E-A3F5-8DD7F5862D4C.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 304
Our family transport was a BSA M21 and a sidecar that could take 4 kids - It once took on holiday us 4 kids, a Neighbour and my Mum and Dad on the bike, 7!

I can’t recall the journeys, they must have been fun (Not) but my lasting memory is the stink of fibre glass

A fab tale and super photo. :thumb

Wonder if it ever got up Porlock Hill? :D

A fab tale and super photo. :thumb

Wonder if it ever got up Porlock Hill? :D

My Dad use to tell of a long holiday return trip home with an exhaust valve with a bit broken off - He said he retarded the ignition and kicked it over like crazy till he got enough momentum for it to keep firing and then rode all off us home using the few BHP the engine was mustering

Great picture; that looks like the back end of an old Woolsey; Riley 1500.:beerjug:

Was out for a spin yesterday when I came across a couple and their two dogs in this.:)
It was fitted with an easy steer bracket which increases the front fork angle by 6*.
I've never heard of one before but he swears by it and says it's much better than a leading link set up.
A nice outfit but not really my taste. Oh and it's 7' wide.:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20210713_152952725_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210713_152952725_HDR.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 203
It was fitted with an easy steer bracket which increases the front fork angle by 6*.
I've never heard of one before but he swears by it and says it's much better than a leading link set up.

I've never heard of one before either, did he explain what it was?

I've a modified lower yoke on my GS which does the same but I don't think it'd be that?

Andres

Andres

I've never heard of one before either, did he explain what it was?

I've a modified lower yoke on my GS which does the same but I don't think it'd be that?

Andres

Andres

He said he bought it from an American supplier. I'm seeing him on Sunday so will ask for more detail and post it up.

Back
Top Bottom