Show Us Your Sidecars.

Some right sheds on here :D

Here's an old banger I used to have ( the pic at the bottom :rob ) .....and my current FJ1200 'Bluebird' :beerjug:

Attachments

• FJ1200 Bluebird (2) - Copy.jpg
    FJ1200 Bluebird (2) - Copy.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,033
  • FJ1200 Bluebird (3) - Copy.jpg
    FJ1200 Bluebird (3) - Copy.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,077
  • FJ1200 Bluebird (4) - Copy.jpg
    FJ1200 Bluebird (4) - Copy.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Moto Guzzi T3 (2).jpg
    Moto Guzzi T3 (2).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,017
This is my old Ural, which I had to let go.

Hopefully I will be in the market for another Hack in a month or so:thumb

Attachments

• hdr8 copy lowres.jpg
    hdr8 copy lowres.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 964
  • hdr10 copy lowres.jpg
    hdr10 copy lowres.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 943
  • hdr11 copy lowres.jpg
    hdr11 copy lowres.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 997
Here's my sidecar.....it a Norton 850 mk3 with a meteor chair by Charnwood. Wasp leading links, it handles great and goes like a rocket!

That's nice. My BM outfit will never look as clean as that. Might even get around to riding it some time this year too..

Val.

I really want one. What does one look for? What is the best on a budget? I've a nice old bike I'd add a few quid to the sale price for. Anyone got something running and safe that might be for sale?

Attachments

• odd 014.JPG
    odd 014.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 283
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 288
i love sidecars :0 passed my test on a 1957 Triumph thunderbird with a chair on it in 1977 :)

I’ve posted pictures of this elsewhere on the site before but it doesn’t hurt to on again.

I’m stupid because it needs a couple of jobs doing (new chain and sprockets being the main one) then a new ticket and it could go on the road but it’s been buried behind a load of other bikes and ignored. I’ve got to either put it on the road or flog it in the spring.

70c2303854cb7bfa4d773038e1d0c139.jpg

097b0062a038b111e195de9369d5d618.jpg

It goes surprisingly well and handles better at speed than it does when it’s being ridden slowly and I really don’t want to get rid of it because if I do someone will push me into a stupid idea where it would have been ideal.

I’ve posted pictures of this elsewhere on the site before but it doesn’t hurt to on again.

I’m stupid because it needs a couple of jobs doing (new chain and sprockets being the main one) then a new ticket and it could go on the road but it’s been buried behind a load of other bikes and ignored. I’ve got to either put it on the road or flog it in the spring.

It goes surprisingly well and handles better at speed than it does when it’s being ridden slowly and I really don’t want to get rid of it because if I do someone will push me into a stupid idea where it would have been ideal.
What’s it worth mister?

I can see me with my wife and 2 dogs on that . I like it a lot...........

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I can see wp forks on the yammy,
What else has been done?

Ohlins shock, expensive rotary damper, Talon hubs and excel rims (the rear wheel has a new hub and was recently rebuilt by Talon so has zero miles on it), power commander, free flowing exhaust, 2nd battery in the storage box under the chair, power supply in the box on the chair and a pair of massive Verns panniers. I’ll leave the old Garmin satnav on there just so you don’t get lost :D

I did all the normal crap you do to Tenere engines to remove the emissions shite and it’s had new headers (fucking expensive) and a new clutch about 500 miles ago after the original one went sulky on me in Sweden. It’s also got silly little lights to tell you what the battery is doing and tell you when it’s getting a bit parky so you don’t spin it on ice. The battery one isn’t needed because I bunged a new battery on it earlier this year.

It needs a new chain set, the repeater light for indicators, brake light etc on the chair has thrown its toys out but they’re cheap and I lost the spacer for the sprocket side of the rear wheel so fitted a spacer that seems about right but I was going to make a proper one now I’ve got a new lathe....

The sum of all the parts is far higher than the value of the outfit as is normally the case but if you want it then I can deliver it, I was going to hire a trailer to move it anyway and I’d use less fuel going to your place than my unit.

Back
Top Bottom