New build- nearly from scratch on an 1100

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, purists, look away.......

This is going to get fugly, so if you haven't realised that you ride an ugly tractor, you may not want to watch this thread :)

Last week we picked up a wrecked old tub frame complete with suspension and a wheel/mudguard

P1040176-XL.jpg

We looked at putting it on my bike for a few mins :augie

P1040175-XL.jpg

But decided it would be better to put it on my old Kalahari which now belongs to Gert.

P1040196-XL.jpg

So last night when we'd closed the workshop, we got stuck in.....it's fun playing with angle grinders and stuff :D

P1040192-XL.jpg

P1040194-L.jpg

P1040193-XL.jpg

:beerjug:

This could get messy :augie

Hedingham, Squire and EML will be quaking with fear, now the masterbuilders have entered the frame:eek

Good luck:D

Attachments

• HOME_GT_ROADSTER_BMW_R1100_GS.jpg
    HOME_GT_ROADSTER_BMW_R1100_GS.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 4,160
This one's only supposed to be a load carrier, so there won't be aby shiny covering skin or anything on it......

Ellefant Treffen January :thumb

Radius that 'V' cutout under the exhaust or it will be a potential 'crack' point.
It's all just rough cut in for fitting up at the moment.....everything's going to be ground out before painting and the next stage :thumb2

And the welding is 'fit for purpose' if not exactly beautiful :augie

Next scheduled work night is Thursday.
Poor old Gert had to go to hospital today with a flared up eye.......
I'm sure an evening welding and the eye are pure coincidence :blast

Tight schedule and a budget of , er, zero..... place your bets :D

Me too, just avert yor eyes from Bills welding at the appropriate moments :D:D

:nono I'm not in charge of welding......I do design, silly ideas, electrickery, lighting, research and general metalwork.

Oh, and I'm head tea bitch :JB

:nono I'm not in charge of welding......I do design, silly ideas, electrickery, lighting, research and general metalwork.

Oh, and I'm head tea bitch :JB

Have to admit I thought the pigeons had improved their aim since your last offering :D:D
Milk and two sugars please bitch :-D

Do I see the Zagora 2007 bodge of the gear pedal still there on the 1100?

Do I see the Zagora 2007 bodge of the gear pedal still there on the 1100?

No. same bike, 'new' second hand lever.

It still bears some scars from that trip though :thumb2

:thumb agree with dave your adventure in red looks great :drool

TY :)

Smart in red I reckon :thumb2

I enjoy riding it too much without a chair to whack one on it though, so it's going on the Kalahari :)

006-1.jpg

attachment.php

A slow week on the project this week.....more standing around scratching heads and wondering how to proceed than actual spannering :blast

Anyway....frame of chair base tidied and some bits cut off.....

sc4-L.jpg

Another mounting point done.....straight through the centre stand pivot hole

sc6-L.jpg

And we lined it up to get a feel for how big it's going to be, and by how much we need to widen it up.

sc1-XL.jpg

sc2-L.jpg

sc3-L.jpg

We're going to widen it by at least 4-5 inches.......and we've found some inspiration for the top mount points too.....more to follow :)

We're going to widen it by at least 4-5 inches.......and we've found some inspiration for the top mount points too.....more to follow :)

Defo wider and I'm looking forward to how you're gonna get the triangulation on the mounts as I'm scratching my head here.............

Andres

PS Another vote for your bike in red (even if it is an 1150) :thumb

Back
Top Bottom