Bike Cover

Hi Ted,
Great idea!
Ok, now for the totally girly question. Are you (Sue) venturing out with different colours/patterns?
I'd be looking at getting two. Even using it while at work would be great idea to deter people sitting on my 'wee' pride and joy!

Hi Ted,
Great idea!
Ok, now for the totally girly question. Are you (Sue) venturing out with different colours/patterns?
I'd be looking at getting two. Even using it while at work would be great idea to deter people sitting on my 'wee' pride and joy!

Hi Gem. Have looked at doing alternatives such as camouflage etc. But as we are just small scale would mean buying small amounts of different material and cost becomes an issue. The black seems the best as suits most bikes and less conspicuous even with the hiviz trim.
The type of material we use is very waterproof, hard wearing and has a silver inner to keep the seat/tank cool, cant see it as we double thickness the cover but you do get a small sample of the material with the instructions so you can see it. Did you want 2 for 2 GSs? The covers are primarily designed for the 1200 GS/GSA but have some pictures sent by people who have fitted them to other bikes with slight mods if interested.
Hope that helps
:thumby:

Hi Gem. Have looked at doing alternatives such as camouflage etc. But as we are just small scale would mean buying small amounts of different material and cost becomes an issue. The black seems the best as suits most bikes and less conspicuous even with the hiviz trim.
The type of material we use is very waterproof, hard wearing and has a silver inner to keep the seat/tank cool, cant see it as we double thickness the cover but you do get a small sample of the material with the instructions so you can see it. Did you want 2 for 2 GSs? The covers are primarily designed for the 1200 GS/GSA but have some pictures sent by people who have fitted them to other bikes with slight mods if interested.
Hope that helps
:thumby:

Hi Ted. Not a bother, I thought that might be the case, but would ask anyway.
Yup, for two GS's please (yes, his and hers which we are now being fondly referred as :blast) Can you PM me your paypal details please.
Cheers!

Hi Ted. Not a bother, I thought that might be the case, but would ask anyway.
Yup, for two GS's please (yes, his and hers which we are now being fondly referred as :blast) Can you PM me your paypal details please.
Cheers!

Can't Pm, you need to subscribe I think. But if you email me at morleyted@btinternet.com can sort out the details.
We have 2 1200s as well they are know as the twins:rolleyes:
Can be expensive if I buy a bit of bling or anything for the bike have to get two :blast
Cheers Ted

Hi Ted,
Thans for sending them through. They look great and can't wait to get them on the bikes. :thumb2
Cheers!
Gem

Thanks Gem. Would be great if you can post a picture of them both when you have fitted them. Cheers :thumby:

:clap :thumb :clap perfic...........
Bloody well made.............................. :thumb
fits perfic on the BMW plastic rack, in front of my Hepo Becker top box rack.....

Attachments

• 10060_454635.jpg
    10060_454635.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 287
Thanks for all the comments, glad everything arrived ok and as expected:thumb
Graeme get some pictures when there should still be a bit of snow about in May over the topps.:D Have a took around the St Jean Pied de port D15 to D949 cross the border into Spain on the Na2600 one of the best biking roads about. have a look on Google Earth:thumb2

Ted,
Nice one and I will grab some photos...

Graeme :thumb

Just seen this thread - great idea.

Has anyone used one on an 1100 (or an 1150 - the relevant dimensions are probably the same)?

Cheers
Matt

Had a couple of requests for the cover on the new LCGS. Cover definately fits along with the new bigger vario top box. Thanks to Sadjim and Janet at Williams in Manchester for letting me try it on their demo bike, sorry about the picture but phone camera not to good. No top box on the demo bike but as we were there a new one complete with top box arrived, many thanks to Andy for letting me have a look at the mounts etc, nice to chat to you. Interesting comments from Andy about the new GS. Loved the bike but not the new switch gear, indicators all in one switch, Mirrors, can't see much out of the offside one no matter what he dose, and gearbox as clunky as they come. Has been told the box will get better after the oil change. Was tempted for a test ride but then realised would have to get 2, one for me and one for Sue :blast
Last lot of covers gone, new batch hopefully this next week.

Attachments

• GSLC.jpg
    GSLC.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 226
Just seen this thread - great idea.

Has anyone used one on an 1100 (or an 1150 - the relevant dimensions are probably the same)?

Cheers
Matt

After discussions with Ted, I'm just ordering the prototype for an 1150 as we speak. I'd be happy to report back once fitted, with pics if anyone is interested.

Al

Used my cover on my 1200 last week in Ireland, really worth while addition to the bike, unlike some of the other tat on it ;)

100% perfic :clap :clap :clap

Thanks Ash. Glad its being useful and earning its keep.

Had a bit of a sudden rush for the covers. Sue made up some last week and all gone by Friday. Just sent out one to Al with a few mods to try on his 1150GSA. Keep an eye open for pictures, or not if it dont fit:blast

Just had a problem. Sue had destroyed the sewing machine motor.
Got another new one from the dealer but put us behind a day.
Wonder if there is a sewing forum I can complain on? probably not using the right oil:D may need a Hill top remap make it faster ...Looks like will need to upgrade her sewing machine to the "Adventure" version bit tougher.

Ted, if that cover fits the 1150, how long would it take to make another one ?

and just a question, when the cover is on , with the slope of the cover going down from the handle bar back to the topbox, does water roll down the space between the topbox and the back seat. i have a radio and autocom in the tool box under the back seat so i cant let water in there.

thanks..

and just a question, when the cover is on , with the slope of the cover going down from the handle bar back to the topbox, does water roll down the space between the topbox and the back seat. i have a radio and autocom in the tool box under the back seat so i cant let water in there.
thanks..

Should not be a problem as the storage bag is attached to that end and the mounts are all elasticated so in heavy rain, like a tent it will tend to pool in the middle then just flick it off when you come to pack it away.
keep an eye on the thread. will post info and pictures as soon as I know its ok.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom