Flipfly's B road Bimble

You can count me in unless the Off Road Rideout materialises. If it does I shall be unable to attend your bimble as I will be a) Missing in action, or b) In A&E.

You can count me in unless the Off Road Rideout materialises. If it does I shall be unable to attend your bimble as I will be a) Missing in action, or b) In A&E.

I was happy to take the risk the skill upgrade I gained easily being worth the risk. We were (July 2001) made to ride F650's (by JD and SP) before being offered a go on an R1150. Even those of us that had bought our own 1150 were 'encouraged' to do the same. Personally I felt safer in the company of other BMW bikers on that course than I ever have subsequently on a rideout with GSers on any other occassion. And it would be a terrible thing if I could not pay to have this kind of training because some organisation was terrified of being held 'liable' when I can go on a rideout organised by any old twat (or Tosser) with no one with the kudos to genuinely impose their authority on those who started to exceed their abilities and thus potentially endanger others.

Are you sure? :D

As we're hoping to attend the camp you'd best put us down for the ride out too :thumb2

Last edited:
Did someone mention Sidecars?

Any chance of a couple of sidecar outfits to carry the friday night mortally wounded on the bimble:D:D:D

Hey Phil, I just noticed this little gathering. We're definatley up for your bimble ride.

I'll happily bring the outfit (Bella the dog needs a seat anyway). There's room for a few pies etc if needs be, but I should warn you that she ain't exactly hot on her feet. 50 on the open roads is about enough with such a light chair. Corners get 'very' interesting after that :blast

Val.

B road Bimble

Am interested in the bimble and may be persauded to keep my "project donkey" (i.e. Verns) panniers on to carry a mountain of pies for en route snacks.
Please add me to the list!

Sorry Val, not sure where I've been :D:D

It's a bimble, so there'll be no need for speed. Might get a bit bumpy in the chair, but it'll all add to the fun :thumb

Zach, you're in :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

The plan is to go green laning but not leave the tarmac. So we will look for the smallest, single track lanes that wind through the loveliest parts of Derbyshire. I will be judged by the amount of grass growing out of the centre of the road :D

Still need to finalise the route, but there are some belting little roads that criss cross the area.

Sorry Val, not sure where I've been :D:D

It's a bimble, so there'll be no need for speed. Might get a bit bumpy in the chair, but it'll all add to the fun :thumb

Still need to finalise the route, but there are some belting little roads that criss cross the area.

Don't worry about the bumps Fil, It won't be me in the chair, so no problem there :thumb2 Jill will be on her 100 so looking like the dog will get the honor.

We found some of these little lanes on my fords runs through the Peaks a few years ago, we're in for a treat I think. :D

Val.

Hello!

Sounds like a great weekend.

I'll jot it down in the calendar and pass it on to Mr.MoBlo to see if he's interested too. :thumb2

Last edited:
I've been researching and there are so many tiny little lanes that cross over the derbyshire area. I have pretty much managed to go from Bills house to Derby doing no more than about a mile on A roads :thumb

I'm not suggesting we'll be going to Derby, but we will certainly have no worries criss crossing the county taking in the sights and cow poo smells of Derbyshire without going any quicker than a bimble ;)

I've been researching and there are so many tiny little lanes that cross over the derbyshire area. I have pretty much managed to go from Bills house to Derby doing no more than about a mile on A roads :thumb

I'm not suggesting we'll be going to Derby, but we will certainly have no worries criss crossing the county taking in the sights and cow poo smells of Derbyshire without going any quicker than a bimble ;)

Well done Fil :thumby: sounds like we're going to have a really good day out. Looking forward to it.

Val.

Just a quick example of what we'll be doing, check out the street view :thumb

53.062405,-1.821606 (copy and paste into google maps)

If the weather is shit it's gonna be a bummer, cause this is gods country when the sun is shining!

Also found this little bad boy 53.003151,-1.827207 but I need to see if that bot that crosses the field is just a little rough or too off road. I did promise no off road, but I'm assuming that most people won't mind a solid dirt path. There's no signs of a dead end sign, so this could be a little beaut!

If the weather is shit it's gonna be a bummer, cause this is gods country when the sun is shining!

Also found this little bad boy 53.003151,-1.827207 but I need to see if that bot that crosses the field is just a little rough or too off road. I did promise no off road, but I'm assuming that most people won't mind a solid dirt path. There's no signs of a dead end sign, so this could be a little beaut!

Wow! that looks fun. :D

If it's been dry for a while it'll be easy. Is that a little ford in those trees there?

Val.

Wow! that looks fun. :D

If it's been dry for a while it'll be easy. Is that a little ford in those trees there?

Val.

Not sure Val, need to os map it and do a recce. I've found some beautiful roads though, some may be barely wide enough for the chair:D, that's why I need to recce the route. We basically head over toward alton towers, then pootle around between there and matlock. Probably drop on to matlock bath and then head out to north buxton, down the goyt valley and then cross country back to camp. It'll be a long but fun day in the saddle.

Plenty of opportunities to peel off if anyone wants to shorten the ride, but if they do I think they'll miss out:thumb

The first version of the route is now plotted on basecamp. I'd love to share it for your perusal, but ot sure how to copy and paste it.

I have included a little bit of A road, but only because some of you won't have experienced the Cat n Fiddle and Matlock bath (quite possible our lunch stop thanks to their excellent chippies n Ice cream :D).

If anyone wants to have a peek at the route, let me know how to get the file into a format for you to look at it.

I will be doing a recce in the next couple of weeks if anyone local would like to join me :thumb

Flipfly,
Press attachment button,opens a box with file types,find gdb mapsource file as file type,from next box locate file,then press attachment button again. Someone more computer literate may know better. If posting gpx. File they too big. Not sure how to do these. Julie and I hoping to attend but work is a little thin on the ground so not sure we can till nearer the time. Post up when you are going to recce route and will see if I can join you fella.
Andrew

2hprt75.png

Challenge accepted :cool:

Back
Top Bottom