Flipfly's B road Bimble

Bill-H

Di-di-dah-dit di-di-dah
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Flipfly has kindly offered to conduct an on-road ride out into the Peak District
Cheers Phil

Interested parties so far

DitchWater
finn
TinyTim
Bendy toy
Mort + Mrs Mort
advancedbiker
Mr K
Duchess -(hopefully)
Ash
Buz
digga
Keith Bouncer
Buellzebub
Val-H + chair + Jill
Zach
Moblo + Wolve
gr8roberto
diddy46 x2
rich77
andrewgsadv
blues and twos
Garfield
Andyram
Humbug x2
Splash
Dave(I'm on both lists)gs
LittleJohn
MScotts

Last edited:
Just to fill you in on the script for this ride, we'll be tootling down some of the most poorly, under maintained and hideously surfaced roads we can find, not off roading and nothing scary, but we don't ride GSXR crotch rockets!
There will be a few gates, a bit of grass in the middle of the road from time to time, and quite possibly a cow or three:D

This will be a pootle with fag breaks, photo opportunities and a few tea/ice cream breaks:thumb

We will try and use a drop of system, but we may end up with a drop out system:D

Anyone with panniers will be expected to bring meat pies, cheese and something chocolatey for pud. Tank bag wearers can supply a nice drop of port or a cheeky pale ale. Fruit based drinks for the ladies shall be their own responsibility:augie

All gone quiet:(

Maybe the responsibility of bringing the meat pies is just too much for some:D

Let me know what you want guys n girls. I can factor in a nice pub lunch, or we can risk the wrath of yogi and do a picnic. I can cater for all. Whilst this is a b road bimble, some road surfaces will be quite rough. Not off road, but exactly what the gs is great at.

I'm working on a route to take in as many little lanes as possible, there are some beauties in the staffs/derbyshire area. We'll probably take in Matlock bath, Chatsworth, a little back lane action around Dove dale, skinny twist towards Alton towers and then head back over the biddulph moors. This may change but thats the plan for now.

Flip,
I've said yay or nay as its depends on the booze consumed Friday, and the weather.

If OK by you I'l let you know Sat first thing

Neil

I think it'll be a see how many feel up to it kind of thing anyway.

Hopefully enough will see the benefits of holding back their antics on Friday night to come and enjoy a great day out bimbling:D

Strange as its only 7 months away :confused:

:rolleyes:

I don't suppose you'll be there, so hows about talking yourself off into another direction and annoying someone else!

I was hoping for a little feedback tbh. I appreciate that people come a long way to these events and I would like them to have a great time and give them a ride out to remember. I will be trying out various routes to make sure that as much interesting and picturesque vistas are in there.

Then along comes twatty, who as usual has nothing positive to add but his own brand of smarmcasm to offer. Do one dickhead!

I'm a generally a mild mannered kind of chap, but you really boil my piss you insignificant little turd.

Thanks for posting though, I'll be sure to send you a present for chrimbo. just need to find that damn pooper scooper.

Keep it coming if ya like, I have a mountain of abuse to throw in your direction if ya like :thumb2

All gone quiet:(

Maybe the responsibility of bringing the meat pies is just too much for some:D

Let me know what you want guys n girls. I can factor in a nice pub lunch, or we can risk the wrath of yogi and do a picnic. I can cater for all. Whilst this is a b road bimble, some road surfaces will be quite rough. Not off road, but exactly what the gs is great at.

I'm working on a route to take in as many little lanes as possible, there are some beauties in the staffs/derbyshire area. We'll probably take in Matlock bath, Chatsworth, a little back lane action around Dove dale, skinny twist towards Alton towers and then head back over the biddulph moors. This may change but thats the plan for now.

Tentative yes for me.

:beerjug:

Add my name too please Flipfly but as NeilDD comments below dependant on how Friday night goes and final routes planned etc :)
Flip,
I've said yay or nay as its depends on the booze consumed Friday, and the weather.

If OK by you I'l let you know Sat first thing

Neil

What I might do is pick up some waypoints for the GPS and meet you guys further round if you want to take more offroad routes in. I dont do much in the way of offroading these days as my bikes not set up for it, happy to stick to the roads for the time being :)

Hope thats ok

I don't suppose you'll be there, so hows about talking yourself off into another direction and annoying someone else!

I was hoping for a little feedback tbh. I appreciate that people come a long way to these events and I would like them to have a great time and give them a ride out to remember. I will be trying out various routes to make sure that as much interesting and picturesque vistas are in there.

Then along comes twatty, who as usual has nothing positive to add but his own brand of smarmcasm to offer. Do one dickhead!

I'm a generally a mild mannered kind of chap, but you really boil my piss you insignificant little turd.

Thanks for posting though, I'll be sure to send you a present for chrimbo. just need to find that damn pooper scooper.

Keep it coming if ya like, I have a mountain of abuse to throw in your direction if ya like :thumb2

Oh dear :comfort

You're like a ball of string, as you unravel it you realise it's all the same and then when you get to the centre there is actually feck all there :blast

Thanks to those who have expressed an interest, any things that you really want to see, let me know and we'll see what we can do:thumb

Add my name too please Flipfly but as NeilDD comments below dependant on how Friday night goes and final routes planned etc :)

What I might do is pick up some waypoints for the GPS and meet you guys further round if you want to take more offroad routes in. I dont do much in the way of offroading these days as my bikes not set up for it, happy to stick to the roads for the time being :)

Hope thats ok

There will be NO off road! Just tiny little lanes with a bit of sketchy tarmac, you could do it on the versys easy peazy. We will be pootling and I promise you'll be fine:kissy2

I did consider a cracking little lane that has a stream to cross, but it is mighty slippy so it's out aswell. The ride out calls for relaxing tunes on the ipod :thumb

Back
Top Bottom