MCN article "The rules: See and be seen"?

Big Lee

Reaction score
Hiya folks, I`ve heard good things about the above article and would like to read it myself but it doesn`t seem to be ont tinternet. Can anyone point me in the direction of something similar?

Cheers :D

Seem to remember it being in the Times, but I could be wrong. It was very interesting, and explained how the eye and brain can be fooled. A real eye opener!
Mark
(Yes, I know, I'll get my coat :D)

See and be seen?

Simple ... wear specs and HiViz :thumb

:beerjug:

Surely to be seen all you need is a feck of straight cut exhaust pipe that's really noisey:nenau

Loud pipes save lives and allow you to ride like a twat don't ya know?, don't bother with all the hi vis bollocks, get ya hacksaw out :thumb2

Surely to be seen all you need is a feck of straight cut exhaust pipe that's really noisey:nenau

Loud pipes save lives and allow you to ride like a twat don't ya know?, don't bother with all the hi vis bollocks, get ya hacksaw out :thumb2

That's it. Ride Free :cool:

Seem to remember it being in the Times, but I could be wrong. It was very interesting, and explained how the eye and brain can be fooled. A real eye opener!
Mark

I read that article in the times.

Basically - Your eye records a series of still frames, not continuous vision.
If your bike appears to the person inbetween shots/frames (so to speak) it won't be seen, especially as a motorbike is also a very narrow object when viewed full on. And in peripheral vision there's even less chance of being seen.

This is a useful visual example of motion induced blindness
Similar to what you are talking about and a logical reason as to why cages don't see motorcycles

Back
Top Bottom