Auschwitz - how to get there?

February half term or easter - eldest daughters and I would like to visit for a few days.
I know ryanair fly to krakow so that would probably be the transport sorted unless there us a cheaper and/or better option?

Also, where would be the best place to stay? Doesn't gave to be 5 star but some luxury wouldn't go amiss!

Any thoughts or ideas?

Quickest and easiest way to get to Auschwitz at the moment would be to stitch a yellow star on your pyjamas and wear them out in public while in France.

A year and nine months have passed since our intrepid schoolteacher posed his question.

Did he ever go?

I might be a bit a rebel here, but Auschwitz needs to be visited with a guide. If you don't take one, you'll see a number of desolated barracks, piles of confiscated things, lots of barbed wire, really sad pictures and facilities. All of it is still shocking but not like with the stories told by a guy who really knows the behind the scenes stories. I was there twice and I know what I'm saying.

Mazury, the Lake District in Poland is beautiful; visit Wolf's Liar (Hitler's bunkers) when you are there... good to go there in May-Jul as its really warm (with temps likely to be between 25-35 degrees)

Back
Top Bottom