Altberg Boots

As an update, I got a letter during my holidays to say the boots were ready. Post-dated the 2nd August, I'm only getting back to them today as just wading through mail. So, measured on the 12th July at the factory and a letter within 3 weeks to say they are ready. Result :thumb

Ebay bargain of the month here.....bought separately but both pairs arrived today...

Size 13 Peacekeeper 2 for me, size 6 biker ones for Rosie (can't remember the name but they're the proper biking ones)

26 quid for mine, excellent condition and in that just perfectly worn in state...Rosie's look almost brand new and umnmarked, 34 quid :D

£70 all in delivered for two pairs Altbergs.....result :beerjug:

P1040723-XL.jpg

Ebay bargain of the month here.....bought separately but both pairs arrived today...

Size 13 Peacekeeper 2 for me, size 6 biker ones for Rosie (can't remember the name but they're the proper biking ones)

26 quid for mine, excellent condition and in that just perfectly worn in state...Rosie's look almost brand new and umnmarked, 34 quid :D

£70 all in delivered for two pairs Altbergs.....result :beerjug:

P1040723-XL.jpg

Have you both got club feet ...... :nenau

....... :D

If they win their claim they'll be needing those hand controls fitted , have you noticed other than the Shrek'otitus one has two clutch feet and the other has two brake/accelerate feet ..... :confused:

Designed for old Brit bike riders as well I guess :nenau

I wear haix boots all day at work, and thems is ace
waterproof gortex and bloody tough

Hogg's

Only just found this thread, and pleases I have, just had a run up to Altberg having phoned them this morning. Great service nice bunch of guys. Pick up my new Hoggs all weather in three weeks. Well worth a trip to the factory shop rather than just using the web site. I suffer from rugby calfs commonly referred to as fat calf syndrome! Fitting service was great looking forward to a pair of bike boots that actually fit.:beerjug:

The all weather Hoggs arrived yesterday..... Superb quality but left boot is a wee bit on the tight side (my left foot being slightly bigger)..... I guess they will loosen up a little with use and 'more miles' on them....

Now done about 7 miles and still tight.... looks like I need a 9.5 :blast

Now done about 20 miles and, after advice from Degsey, they are beginning to feel like.... a comfy old pair of boots :thumb2

Well after 30+ miles of walking and many 1'000's riding, the left boot still isn't as comfortable as the right :(

Spoke to Alt-Berg early last week and they said "no problem, we can stretch the boots up to 1/2 a size, 7 day turn around".... left boot duly sent back to them last Tuesday.... hopefully all will be well when the 'new' boot arrives this week :thumb2

Well after 30+ miles of walking and many 1'000's riding, the left boot still isn't as comfortable as the right :(

Spoke to Alt-Berg early last week and they said "no problem, we can stretch the boots up to 1/2 a size, 7 day turn around".... left boot duly sent back to them last Tuesday.... hopefully all will be well when the 'new' boot arrives this week :thumb2

Same here............Bought a pair of all weather Hoggs and the left is tighter than the right so it'll take a wee while for them to bed them in.

You can always stick a bag of water in the boots and put them in the freezer for a few hours to stretch them a bit!

.... Spoke to Alt-Berg early last week and they said "no problem, we can stretch the boots up to 1/2 a size, 7 day turn around"....

True to their word, the boot arrived back here today.... perfect result, now as comfortable as the right one :bounce1

Whenever I speak to the folks at Alt-Berg on the phone, they always sound like they actually care about their customers and enjoy their jobs... none of this false "have a nice day" shite, just decent happy real world folks :thumb2

I have 3 pairs of Altbergs from my time in the forces. I had special measure ones done with a couple of mods due to having a skin graft on my lower left leg.
I wear the desert ones with goretex lining in summer and one of the pairs of black leather ones which has a thinsulate liner as well in winter and if weather looks bad. They have been like a pair of slippers since the first time I wore them.

Had my Hogg all weathers for 5 years and the right has started leaking in the toe box - I've always maintained them well.
I don't know if they do the reconditioning/re-waterproofing service that they used to, be a shame to throw them away. I've e-mailed them to ask.

Of to Richmond soon for a fitting for some Hogg waterproof long leg ones for Christmas as my feet are like friends , I ain't got two the same size or is there a better option :D

The Hoggs are your best option, picked mine up last week fit is perfect. The high leg is very high when you see it in the flesh. Cracking service 4 weeks from fitting to delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back
Top Bottom