Revs..

bmconvert

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just had the suspension experience with the great guys from Revs...

I rode down through snow and blizzards from 'up North' and don't regret a moment of it.

John and Nick could not be more helpful and accommodating at any point in the day. :clap

The bike feels so much smoother and i would say this is the best 'performance' modification anyone can do to their bike as the power is now so much more usable... The constant ripples on the motorway, expansion joints or whatever there called now gone .... the steering feels lighter yet more planted, if only Mr BMW knew how good their bike has become i feel sure they would offer Wilbers as an option if indeed not as standard fitment.

I would say they are as good if not better than the Ohlims on my HP2 Sport

Im already a convert that's for sure and cant wait for some dry roads to test them further....ill report back on that further when i can!

Found Revs to be good to deal with too :thumb2

The reason you think the Wilbers are better than the Ohlins - Are the Ohlins on the HP2S "emulsion" grade?

Al

'emulsion grade'? To be honest not ridden the GS with the WESA suspension enough yet to compare properly but the fact they are built to my weight alone rather than the average that Ohlins does maybe gives them an edge? Some sunny days and warm Tarmac will help those thoughts...! Also doing a track day this Friday at Oulton Park on the GS and now looking forward to that even more!! :bounce1

Reviving this thread

Just an update on the two great guys at Revs. Following a quick chat at the Manchester bike show with Jon Gaskell I decided to go the whole hog and have Wilbers progressive front springs and a remote hydraulic 640 rear on my 08 F650 twin.

Also lowered the bike by 25mm ( this being all I needed after experimentation by dropping the front forks through the yoke.)

Initial impressions (140 miles) are good, the front no longer dives under braking and the chatter from the rear has gone. Acid test will be when fully loaded which is where my stock (29K miles) set up was woeful.

John and Nick cant do enough for you, including taxying me to a local bike shop/ cafe whilst they worked on the bike.

Good blokes @ Revs....recently had a 630 front fitted to my GSA12 by my service chap, then hoolied around France & Belgium last week....smooth ride, great units & matches the Wilbers I've got on the back :D

And again for the lads at revs.
They looked after me no end when i went up from Cornwall to get the GSA lowered,
Excellent service.

Revs themselves couldn't agree more, very good excellent service. Small setup but all the gear needed and good workshop setup in the back, bet could make almost anything. Nick very helpful says doing quite a few GS these days. Dropped me off at Yam dealer for a wander round and breakfast. Weather was great so walked into town for lunch and ice cream :D before heading back to collect bike.

Initially seat was slightly higher when on lower setting, old spring probably sagging a bit. The shocks themselves initially much better. Not a huge "wow" improvement but difference between settings very evident within 20 miles. A real difference from Comfort to Sport. After 60/70 motorway miles home I cut off to take back roads and bike did feel more composed and ride smoother. I did hit a few big bumps and ruts to see what happened. Ripples and ruts more controlled, can still feel them but less effect on bike just a feel rather than bike wobbling about. Bumps and pot holes still crash but seem to stop it from jumping/twisting sideways as it recovered especially mid bend, still kept on track.
Done less than a 100 miles and as I said most upright M/Way so probably need to get some miles under its belt. got a big trip to Spain in a couple of weeks so that should test them.
Was it worth it... I would say yes on a 50k 8 year old bike. On a newer lower mileage bike, unless you have a problem maybe not. I will let you know when back from Spain.

Back
Top Bottom