Hotel in or near Castellane & Annecy

2 wheel humvee

www.humvee-graphics.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I am looking for recommendations for a hotel for 7 peeps in September in both Annecy and Castellane for a night at each, not too expensive and within easy walking distance of food and drink establishments are the main requirements, doesn't have to be "biker friendly" or "have secure parking" although those things are a bonus, wotcha got :nenau

For Castellane I'd recommend the Hotel Du Levant
hotel_du_levant.jpg

Has a big lock up for the bikes
du_levant_garage.jpg

And food was fine
waitress_du_levant.jpg

Its right on the town square :thumb

Hotel du Chateau is right in the middle of Annecy - it only has 16 rooms so you may find it is booked out.

The easy choice is the Kyriad, also in the centre of town. A chain hotel but fine for 1 night.

Hotel du Chateau is right in the middle of Annecy - it only has 16 rooms so you may find it is booked out.

The easy choice is the Kyriad, also in the centre of town. A chain hotel but fine for 1 night.

In Annecy, I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times

http://www.marquisats.com/

It is about 500mtrs along the lake but is nice and quiet with parking in front of the hotel well off the main drag.

Thanks guys e-mailed the hotels for availability and room rate :thumb2

This place is very good. On the square in Castellane.

7458f162.jpg

It has it's own secure car park, or you can leave it in the square.

Good quality with a new pool at the back. Our room was also at the back which gives a good view of the church which overlooks the town.

22ec749e.jpg

We had a couple of nights here in 2011. Garage parking was fine or you could park in the square as mentioned. We found the hotel expensive for food but there are plenty of options in the square especially for breakfast. Our hotel room was at the rear and was reasonably quiet but in need of a bit of tlc.

Dave

Attachments

• 48670175.jpg
    48670175.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 334
In Annecy, I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times

http://www.marquisats.com/

It is about 500mtrs along the lake but is nice and quiet with parking in front of the hotel well off the main drag.

Booked this for 1 night during our trip, the search continues for accommodation in Castellane for 1 night, thanks for all the suggestions :thumb2

Steve,
looks like a good tour on great roads, enjoy!
russ

Cheers,
It's good to have a trip to look forward to later in the year, I've passed through this part of France on more than 1 occasion but never spent any real time exploring the area so looking forward to it ;)

Looks ideal thank you, have e-mailed them for rates & availability :thumb2

Beware - check carefully that they have your booking! Year before last my mate emailed them early in the year to make a booking for us - when we turned up in July they hadn't got any record of our booking even though we had a confirmation email from them and the hotel was full. Also they don't all speak English so unless you speak French it can be a bit of an issue.

Apparently the woman who took the original email forgot to put it in the book! The town was fully booked up because it was the Summer but after a couple of hours faffing about they did find us another hotel in the town.

So check and double check your booking.

Hotel in or near Castellane & Annecy

I’ve always used the Nouvel Hotel du Commerce for the last few years. Much nicer rooms than the du Levant, especially now ...

They’d renovated the bar area a couple of years ago and I’ve just arrived to find the rooms have now also been upgraded.

Definitely the nicest place to stay in Castellane, the new rooms being the icing on the cake .

New flat screen tv with 48 channels , USB charging points by the bed, lovely bathroom with big walk in shower and heated towel rail etc .

Not the cheapest place in town but worth it !

I’ve always used the Nouvel Hotel du Commerce for the last few years. Much nicer rooms than the du Levant, especially now ...

They’d renovated the bar area a couple of years ago and I’ve just arrived to find the rooms have now also been upgraded.

Definitely the nicest place to stay in Castellane, the new rooms being the icing on the cake .

New flat screen tv with 48 channels , USB charging points by the bed, lovely bathroom with big walk in shower and heated towel rail etc .

That's a coincidence, I've booked two nights at the Hotel du Commerce this May, it looked the best option in Castellane to me too

That's interesting - when we stayed there last June it appeared to be teetering on the edge of failure: felt a bit run down, rooms a bit tired, and madame wouldn't accept anything other than cold hard cash in the morning. No cards at all.

Back
Top Bottom