GPZ305

Looks like I've hit the first problem. ...
Cam chain tensioner ... Looks like I'll be modifying it to make it a manual tensioner.:augie

There has GOT to be a 'fix' online for that.
Youtube / a forum / a keen fanatic somewhere, that's done it already - so you dont have to reinvent the wheel. :nenau

Good Luck

There has GOT to be a 'fix' online for that.
Youtube / a forum / a keen fanatic somewhere, that's done it already - so you dont have to reinvent the wheel. :nenau

Good Luck

Had a look, found a few vids of noisy engines that sound far worse than mine. Can't see anything about a fix or modification, but may be missing something in my search.

I'm guessing ill be the one making the fix, I see an opertunity for a few minutes of fame........:blast

My new steed while the bmw is in the garage. Got it free so what's not to like. My first ride revealed it quite capable up to 70 mph. Easy. Lovely mini howl at 7000rpm and a joy to ride.
188fba41f82c369d9b0e2ee3e5b4ce42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks like I've hit the first problem.

Cam chain tensioner seems to be a serviceable item rather than replaceable. Has two springs inside, which are the weakness. And........they're no longer available, and it seems there's none left of the main one anywhere :blast

Looks like I'll be modifying it to make it a manual tensioner.:augie

It would be worth scouring ebay and local engineering suppliers for a spring, they are generic items, like bolts, you just need the length, coil diameter and rate (kg/mm compression). The rate can probably be estimated, I'd measure the old spring and add 25-30% for new one.

Back
Top Bottom