Tyres for an 850 Le Mans

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I know this was discussed on a 'show us your.....' type thread but I'm buggered if I can find it now :nenau

I need to fit some new tyres, what modern rubber (and sizes) are peeps using please?

Andres

Just got Pirelli sport demons for mine. They'll handle better with a 110 on the rear. 100 on the front.

i'm pretty sure a 130 will go on the rear if so desired...and a 110 for the front :thumb

also a tall profile looks nicer than a lower one

i'm pretty sure a 130 will go on the rear if so desired...and a 110 for the front :thumb

also a tall profile looks nicer than a lower one

Standard fitment on a le mans is 100/90 and 110/90. Fitting wider tyres on a tonti will upset the handling. BT45's are a great tyre but the Pirelli sport demons are stickier.

130 will go on but the handling suffers. Back in the day when the BT45 came out I had some input with the Bridgestone guys with different sizes of tyres on LM/Spada/Cali.
Biggest challenge was to get owners to consider running at 36/42 psi or thereabouts. I recall 34/40 suiting me and a LMII...

Standard fitment on a le mans is 100/90 and 110/90. Fitting wider tyres on a tonti will upset the handling. BT45's are a great tyre but the Pirelli sport demons are stickier.

i would agree if it were being raced in a clubmans series, but these days most guzzi's are pottered about on - but when you get off to look at it a small tyre would be more offensive than any possible handling deterioration

big tyre - 36/42...:thumb

A 110 will likely not fit on a mk1. The forks are spaced closer than mk2s ;)

In fact some 100s chafe the mudguard badly once they've done a few miles.

Mine's a MkII that is vaguely a MkI cosmetically.

I defo agree that a 'taller' tyre looks right unless the bike is a special.

I'm a little bit confused now............

Andres

Mine's a MkII that is vaguely a MkI cosmetically.

I defo agree that a 'taller' tyre looks right unless the bike is a special.

I'm a little bit confused now............

Andres

Same wheels as mk1.. Its not hard. Up front you'll have to have a 100/90 anyway. Its a personal choice as if you need a slightly wider tyre on the rear as in a 120. These bikes are designed to run on 110 rear. My t3 is on 100 and 110 and handles like its on rails. I'd never 'force' fatter tyres on just cause they might look better..I'll get you some pics later of the tyres on the bikes if you like?

i'm pretty sure the 120 rear is what bridgstone recommended on their website. i don't think i would have fitted it if that was not the case.

Same wheels as mk1.. Its not hard. Up front you'll have to have a 100/90 anyway. Its a personal choice as if you need a slightly wider tyre on the rear as in a 120. These bikes are designed to run on 110 rear. My t3 is on 100 and 110 and handles like its on rails. I'd never 'force' fatter tyres on just cause they might look better..I'll get you some pics later of the tyres on the bikes if you like?

Yup, my understanding is that, as Cookie mention, the only difference is the width between the forks.

I do tend to agree about using the same sizes the bike was designed to run on................. If it's not tooooo much trouble, yes it'd be good to see some pictures please :)

i'm pretty sure the 120 rear is what bridgstone recommended on their website. i don't think i would have fitted it if that was not the case.

I'd heard the same.............but it could have been from you :D

Andres

If I was less idle I'd check the Bridgestone site, but I am more than adequately idle, and 120 works fine :D

Back
Top Bottom