Stephanie Rowe completes incredible ‘One World. One R 1200 GS’ expedition.

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 17 April 2013

Stephanie Rowe completes incredible ‘One World. One R 1200 GS’ expedition with ride across Europe.

British rider finished the fifth and final stage of BMW Motorrad’s round-the-world trip on the new GS.

BMW Motorrad is celebrating the successful end of the pioneering ‘One World. One R 1200 GS’ expedition, which saw five adventurous GS fans from around the world taking part in a round-the-globe ride.

British rider Stephanie Rowe, 25, from Sussex, was chosen to complete the fifth and final stage through Europe, which took in the Pyrenees and the Alps, and passed through France, Spain, Italy, Austria and Germany. The European stage finished at the BMW Museum in Munich, the home of BMW Motorrad.

Stephanie was joined by Herbert Unger, the German selected to ride the Australasian leg of the expedition, and dozens of local GS riders for the last few miles, arriving to a hero’s welcome in Munich. She was also greeted by the famed female adventurer and Dakar winner Jutta Kleinschmidt, who was also one of the jury of experts who selected the ‘One World’ riders.

The special R 1200 GS ridden by the five riders has now found a permanent home in the BMW Museum, with over 12,000 miles across five continents under its belt and the signatures of each rider on the tank.

Stephanie Rowe said: “I will never forget the ride from Barcelona to Munich. I've met so many fantastic people and it was wonderful to see how crazy everyone is about the new GS and the ‘One World. One R 1200 GS.’ expedition. I have enjoyed every moment that I spent with the team, with the amazing community of BMW riders and, of course, riding our very special one-of-a-kind GS. It was amazing and so much fun to be a part of. Thanks to BMW Motorrad and every single person who helped make the adventures happen. You helped turn this tour into the ride of my life!”

To read Stephanie’s daily updates, photos and videos from her amazing trip, as well as those from the other four adventures, visit www.bmw-motorrad.com/gs.

One World. One R 1200 GS.

Rowe was one of five riders selected from thousand of GS fans and riders worldwide to undertake a ground-breaking expedition: to ride the new water-cooled 2013 GS through Asia, Australasia, America, Africa and Europe, finishing at BMW’s headquarters in Munich.

Following her selection by the jury, who were impressed by her enduro racing experience, in depth knowledge of motorcycles and sheer passion for making two-wheeled adventure happen, Rowe was invited to London for a ‘final interview’. In reality, jury member Charley Boorman was waiting to surprise her with the news that she had been chosen to ride the European section.

She went on to complete an amazing 11-day ride from Barcelona to Munich, passing through Spain, France, Italy, Austria and Germany, crossing two mountain ranges and every kind of terrain imaginable. The R 1200 GS ridden on all five continents has now gone on display at the BMW Museum in Munich.

i-r9PggSh-L.jpg

Stephanie Rowe from the UK

i-36bLHnN-L.jpg

Stephanie Rowe was chosen to represent the UK

i-SjVsKc8-L.jpg

'One World. One R 1200 GS.' finished at BMW headquarter in Munich

i-KvTDJqn-L.jpg

Alessio Gigolini from Italy rode through Asia

i-Rcq9HBb-L.jpg

Herbert Unger from Germany rode through Oceania

i-THgbnm7-L.jpg

Salvador Echevarria rode through Africa

i-nfSfL5h-L.jpg

Stephane Gautronneau rode through America

i-Bfw8q8b-L.jpg

Stephanie Rowe from the UK rode through Europe

For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad dealership, visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.

Back
Top Bottom