Anyone recall the Italia 08 trip?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Trying to place the wooden suspension bridge we crossed somewhere near Milan... On the way to Pisa. :Motomartin

I was there man, you don't know what it was like man!

But I don't recall a wooden suspension bridge:nenau

Bryn,

i think this is what you are looking for, google 45.234646,9.007072
from the bridge we went to bar oasi, look at your pics.

There was a wooden bridge? I remember a sore ass because it was about 3500 miles door to door and the soles of my boots melted in the heat and I had to spend €180 on a pair of boots which pished me off somewhat.

Bryn,

i think this is what you are looking for, google 45.234646,9.007072
from the bridge we went to bar oasi, look at your pics.

Don't have a pic of the bridge, but IIRC there was a time in that general area when we had to wait at lights while they were resurfacing the road, and we went a good way on fresh tarmac once we were released... The co-ordinates certainly look in the right place, it was south of Milan on the way towards Genoa and the stop we made at Sestri Levanti ....

bar Oasi was the lunch stop. :)

Had a look and not many pics still available... Just found this one from later in the trip

me neither bryn, can anyone post a pic, why was there no ride report and pics of this fantastic trip

Someone's gotta take the time and the effort, it's great to look back on old trip reports and they serve as inspiration for others planning a trip, it's never too late to write one, if you have pics and a vague memory of the trip post a "highlights" report, it's got to be better than no trip report at all, go on-fill yer boots, looking forward to it :D

Back
Top Bottom