Detailed review of the Zero DS electric bike

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys

I've been working on a very detailed, daily, review of the Zero DS (Dual Sport) electric motorcycle. The main articles are all online already, the last one goes Tuesday next.

I had the idea to do a detailed review of an electric bike in a rural environment, which is different from city or commute riding, and Zero played along and gave" me a brand new bike for 3 weeks.

You can read the first article, introducing the series, and you'll find the next article at the top and bottom of each article. I.e. you can follow what I've done some far. many of them have not only photos but also videos.

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/review-zero-electric-motorcycle-in-a-rural-environment.htm

If you want a short summery, that's simple: AMAZING

If you get a chance to test ride one, by all means do it. You can see that it's the future, although RTW will be a bit more difficult, but with faster and faster battery charging, this also will change.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to answer.

The Cheapest DS is pretty light at 144Kg and I believe can be ridden on a 125cc licence (A1?) which makes it by far the fastest thing you can ride on that licence. It is a costly £10.5k, but residuals should be very strong. Any owners out there?

Back
Top Bottom