GSA 30th Anniversary Accident

My money is on something going into the wheel. As said, any sort of terrible seizure would result in a sliding rubber. (watched this happen to a bloke in Belgium once when his tail pack got caught in his chain..).

Find out when he last had his pads changed (caliper bolts etc etc..) :nenau

Great feedback gents... all being passed onto him. He has confirmed that the caliper is still there and attached!

Brake calliper....

Been there, tried that......

I suppose the rear brake calliper is still in place, not having worked lose, dangled on its brake line and got caught? That would snap a back wheel.

.......I'm sending them to my mate in France and his response is:

....& brake calliper are still in the correct place.

There is no signs of anything going into the spokes of the wheel causing a lock up or failure

Last edited:
Hells bells, I'm going out to check my caliper is tight!

Looking at those pictures, I don't think it is.

Bob

I'm glad I'm not alone on this. Where is the calliper in the photo that is supposedly still attached? :nenau

.... He has confirmed that the caliper is still there and attached!
Attached to what, the hose? It certainly isn't attached to the rear hub.

Did he pish anyone off in his hotel the night before this happened?

caliper come adrift & fallen into the spokes?

edit: i see now this has already been suggested :blast

Jesus H tap dancing Christ, what a mess!!

No sign of the rear caliper in those photos?

No caliper , brake line and black guard covering brake line ! thread lock recommended !!!

Ne

1:15 The caliper

3:1 Pesky kids

10:1 SWMO

20:1 Metal fatigue

50:1 Bee impact

500:1 The Ring of Zarg (Curse of)

1000:1 The Lord

No caliper , brake line and black guard covering brake line ! thread lock recommended !!!

Ne

Changed a rear tyre yesterday, caliper bolts torqued up to 35nM (1150GSA) never used loctite, ever

(Wheel studs up to 110nM & dry)

Should I be worried:eek:

Thanks again gents for comments etc..., as I've said it's all been passed onto him and gratefully received. I will now close the thread as I can really shed any more light as to what happened. If and when more information comes to light then I will post back. Cheers, safe riding.

Re-opened the thread this morning- after further inspection my mate has confirmed the caliper is nowhere to be seen! So, as some of you indicated, seems likelihood cause is caliper loosening and going into the wheel.

Re-opened the thread this morning- after further inspection my mate has confirmed the caliper is nowhere to be seen! So, as some of you indicated, seems likelihood cause is caliper loosening and going into the wheel.

Check them caliper bilts, peeps

How long ago was the caliper touched??By whom??

Back
Top Bottom