Iron 883

TaffyScouser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Possibly looking at one as a second bike. Any comments. Not going to get much care except oils and service ( diy) and will commute through to end of November and back on road in march. Not a polisher etc so how will it take a hard life?

Possibly looking at one as a second bike. Any comments. Not going to get much care except oils and service ( diy) and will commute through to end of November and back on road in march. Not a polisher etc so how will it take a hard life?

Hmmm..... buy one and let us know? :beerjug:

Like all modern bikes ridden through winter it will rust and fur up before your eyes.....

But, sporty's are cheap to run and easy to fix.... Not a lot to go wrong...:D

Go for it....:thumb

The engine paint will flake off, the rest of it will be OK if you look after it.
Not exactly rocket science is it, if you understand that the paint these days is absolute total complete and utter fucking shite.

Took one out for the afternoon yesterday. Have to say I was mighty impressed especially with a stage one and some great pipes.

My missus had one of these, though we had it bored out to 1200. Cracking bike. Not much to polish. She did one winter on her one. ACF 50 is your friend.

Got it and wish I had got one ages ago. Great as a second bike.

Congrats, we'll done.

I am still undecided and keep veering between an 883 sporty ( for later tuning) or a big twin such as a street bob or soft tail slim. I only wish I could make my mind up before the decent weather goes...:rolleyes:

Weather definitely helps. 1000 miles on it in a week:augie
In for its first service on Tuesday and after that its all DIY.
Vance and Hines tolerable now they have QUIET ( yanks definition of quiet) in them.

Congrats, we'll done.

I am still undecided and keep veering between an 883 sporty ( for later tuning) or a big twin such as a street bob or soft tail slim. I only wish I could make my mind up before the decent weather goes...:rolleyes:

You will not regret buying a Dyna. I don't know anyone who's ever bought a big twin and then looked longingly at a Sportster, but I know plenty who have done the opposite :green gri

see what mutley says is right ,most people me included started with a sportster ,and i loved mine both of them but realised i like them so much i wanted to holiday on a harley ,but to be honest not on a sportster im not saying you cant ,a friend of mine and melchs used to put thousands of miles on his sportster.
but for me harley touring is a big twin ,in whatever form or style its just a bit more relaxed ,engine ,seating position ,and general overall feel .
me personally id love a sportster but i wouldnt want to tour on one especially after having a electra glide and road king .

me personally id love a sportster but i wouldnt want to tour on one especially after having a electra glide and road king .

I hear what you say, but this would be a second bike to replace my Enfield bullet 500 , which will go into graceful retirement. I would plan to leave the touring for the GSA, (not that I do much of that now anyway). More for local rides, Sundays, the odd work commute, general arsing about, tescos expedition etc etc

Still, that said, I seem unable to pull the trigger one way or the other! :blast

Wtf is wrong with me?

An old post I came across in a search - did you ever decide?

Back
Top Bottom