Schuberth C3 Visor Fix

Re complaints about the lack of ventilation since fixing the visor I have found that if you run with the main visor approx 1/3 to 1/2 open and the top vent open the visor actually forces the air flow into the top vent and keeps your head cool.
Wonder if that was part of the original design but let down by the poor visor pivot arrangement or just lucky coincidence.

Great advice, thanks Neil :clap - I will fix mine today!
Just for info like others the C3 ratchets started to wear after about 12 months occasional use and became loose. On my CBR1100xx with its touring screen it did not move unless travelling at warp speed, however I noticed when changing to the GS recently it would slam shut immediately over about 30 MPH when set in any of the open positions.
I am also looking for a replacement screen for the GS to reduce the buffeting.

Damn my one bit of inspiration /invention and I gave the knowledge away, still works great on mine a year later

visor fix

Hi Neil. I was reading about your schuberth helmet fix. Tried the o, ring fix but it seems to leave a slight gap with the visor down. Has yours leaked at all and did you put o rings on both sides.

Amazing what you find in this site when you're trawling. Been after an answer to this issue for ages. Such an easy sort too. Off to B&Q tomorrow!!

Cheers Neil :thumb2

Strangely enough just a few months back I was talking to the TranAm rep (UK Schuberth importer) and pointed out the 'fix' for the visor and he was saying that he would pass it on how the increase in friction on the pivot prevents the visor slamming shut at relatively low speeds .

Like to think that Schuberth will recognise my genius and stick a cheque in the post or perhaps a brand new E1 or to be honest a freebie factory visit would be even nicer.

Well we can but dream !

Back
Top Bottom