Schuberth C3 Visor Fix

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had my C3 for almost 5 years since they were first introduced. The only problem I have had with the lid is that on both my old 1150gs and my 1200gsa the visor slams shut at 45 ish due to turbulance.
The lid is fine on my Katana 1100 with its lower bars .
Whilst away in 30 plus degrees heat I got sick of it and started to experiment.
I made 2 large polystyrene washers that fitted over the circular visor pivot and were sandwiched between the visor and the lid pivot.
Success the visor action still works but is a lot stiffer and the visor stays open to 85 mph plus, it still shuts fully when required and is water tight aswell.
Once home I've replaced the foam with two large nitrile O rings which is just as good and invisible once fitted.
This was on a size 60/61 helmet, on my wifes smaller lid size 55 the O rings were too thick and the visor wouldn't refit so I tried 2 large flat washers with success.
This simple mod has transformed the helmet when using it on the gsa and is what Schuberth should have done years ago judging by the amount of similar complaints about the helmet

Had the same issue, became apparent during my holiday in italy - was ready to throw it in the bin!!!! Took it back, had the mechanism replaced - appears to have worked but am not really happy with the lid if i am honest

Mine had already had a new visor and mechanism which didn't work.
Trust me this mod makes a massive difference.

Excellent fix

Many thanks Neil; i've had the same problem over last 2 years and of late it has really really bugged me.....after reading your post I spent about 1 minute doing the fix and it's worked........:beerjug:

just feel like an idiot for not thinking of it myself :blast

Excellent cheap fix!!!!!

Glad it has been of use, as said the lid was great on the Kat but any screen turbulence (typical of the 1150 and 1200) and the visor slammed shut.
Love it when a bit of lateral thinking works and it is such a simple fix.

Glad it has been of use, as said the lid was great on the Kat but any screen turbulence (typical of the 1150 and 1200) and the visor slammed shut.
Love it when a bit of lateral thinking works and it is such a simple fix.

Where did you get the seal for that Neil - looks like something from a plumbing fitting??

On mine I used normal O rings the flat type that I used on my wifes lid came out of a mixed pack of washers .
I assume they are for a plumbing fitting like a u bend etc

I've had my C3 for almost 5 years since they were first introduced. The only problem I have had with the lid is that on both my old 1150gs and my 1200gsa the visor slams shut at 45 ish due to turbulence.
The lid is fine on my Katana 1100 with its lower bars .
Whilst away in 30 plus degrees heat I got sick of it and started to experiment.
I made 2 large polystyrene washers that fitted over the circular visor pivot and were sandwiched between the visor and the lid pivot.
Success the visor action still works but is a lot stiffer and the visor stays open to 85 mph plus, it still shuts fully when required and is water tight as well.
Once home I've replaced the foam with two large nitrile O rings which is just as good and invisible once fitted.
This was on a size 60/61 helmet, on my wifes smaller lid size 55 the O rings were too thick and the visor wouldn't refit so I tried 2 large flat washers with success.
This simple mod has transformed the helmet when using it on the gsa and is what Schuberth should have done years ago judging by the amount of similar complaints about the helmet

Fantastic at last I have found a use for the box of o rings I bought from a autojumble years ago. Have you got a fix for lack of ventilation when visor closed.Cheers Pete:beerjug:

Should have put a patent on it, or sold the fix in a Toura#### labelled bag and made my fortune

Should have put a patent on it, or sold the fix in a Toura#### labelled bag and made my fortune

Probably, by way of compensation I'll buy you a drink if we ever bump into each other :thumb

This is a great fix, simple, cheap & effective.

Many thanks :bow

Back
Top Bottom