The HUBB UK 2014 Overlanding event

And one final thing before I get back to work, don't forget to book in, if you haven't already, by the end of the month. Just £45 for the full 4 days if you book by then. Mega value without doubt. Here's the link.

Many of the attendees each year are new to adventuring and mostly don't have more than a couple of weeks holiday to apply to this, so whilst RTW presentations are always interesting, what's also needed are talks on less exotic and closer destinations.

So true Tim, I'm one of those people. I went to last years HUBBUK and two of HU's Mendips meets, where 2 years ago I met Matthew Cashmore
http://thelondonbiker.com/blog/
who gave a presentation about realistic trips in annual leave. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NWXb3OswmgE
Well true to Horizons Unlimited's aims, I was inspired and since have been on more adventurous trips than the usual motorcycle tour in the UK.
I've just got back from a trip in just 10 days annual leave:
Bilbao Spain
Pyrenees
Andorra
The French med coast
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Italy
Western Alps
Switzerland
Nipped the edge of Germany
Luxembourg
Belgium then home.

The HUBBUK meet last year was fantastic where I met friends existing and new and it's inspired me to plan the next big (for me, small for RTWers)trip, riding to Slovenia and Croatia, something I would never have done without people like Matthew, Grant, Sam and the other HU people telling me, it's possible, just do it.

I'm one of those now. Now I'm saying the same to others.

Go to HUBBUK, it's great, see you at the bar!:beerjug:

Moose

I can only echo all the positive statements above. Inspirational, informative and entertaining. Bigger and better than ever. More trade stands and definitely enhanced by encouraging 4 wheels and leg power. The aircraft were a bit of a surprise and annoying on the first night but less noticable after that. Good value for up to 5 nights camping with excellent facilities especially if booked early enough to take advantage of the reduced rates.

Hi All, things have been moving along really nicely with the HUBB UK 2014 since I posted last and its brilliant to see so many UKGSers booking in and thanks very much to everyone who is volunteering to help for a few hours. :thumb2

So what’s been happening? To begin with, the plan to keep the entry rate the same for the 3rd year running seems to be working out.

Keeping the pass at the same rate again felt like a real gamble because of course, costs have risen. Part of being able to do this is that we have been looking for people to sponsor the various areas of the venue – so the camping and activity fields and the presentation rooms.

So far the following companies have signed up to help and I wanted to make sure that we thank them in every way we can:

Adventure Spec (main event sponsors) and will also be doing presentations.
Code Audio Visual (the main presentation room and the 300 seat cinema marquee) these guys supply all the top rate Audio Visual equipment.
Touratech (the West and North Camping Fields) The guys are having a much bigger stand with us in 2014 and will have kit on display.
& Continental (the Skills Course and Slow Bike Race field) and will be running their excellent tyre changing presentations again.

I just wanted to say thanks to each of those companies! Cheers.:clap:clap:clap

If you know of anyone else who’d like to help out, please do ask them to get in touch.

Don’t forget to snag a 4-day pass for £55 (saves you £20 on the ‘gate rate’) before the 31st of December That’s a pretty much all in rate. No fee for the presentations, the demonstrations, the practical sessions, the competitions, the ride outs, the camping… Sadly, you will have to pay for the real ale :augie

Just a thought, have a look at the list of presenters who have now signed up! Some cracking tales of the road to be had and do watch out over the coming months for new people signing up.

And while writing about that, if you have an idea for a presentation, a story to tell or information to pass on, please think about signing up to be a presenter. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never done a presentation before.

We’ll help you and the audiences are always great. :clap

The shot below is one of the First Aid sessions - stuff you need to know both 'out there' and on the road at home.

Attachments

• First Aid Session HUBB UK.jpg
    First Aid Session HUBB UK.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 442
I was having a look for some other HUBB UK stuff and I found this review about this year's HUBB UK event.

It's published by The Riders Digest. I like it a lot - of course I would! :thumb

But for anyone wondering if booking up for next year is a good idea, this'll give you a bit more of a taste of what's happening.

It's ramping up nicely! Just look at all the presenters who have now signed up!

We have space for more so do sign up to present too. You don't need to be a professional or a well known presenter. Far from it! If you have a tale to tell or info to share that will help people with their adventures then go for it!

And the companies who are lined up as exhibitors. It's great to see so many people back with us again!!! The latest to confirm is Pidcocks BMW and Triumph! Quite a few of the companies have never been at the HUBB UK before so look out for lots of new kit.

We are delighted to have the Adventure and Travel Cinema with us for the first time too!

If you've not looked at the HUBB UK 2014 page recently, do check it out.

And this is a timely moment for me to mention that now is a good time to sign up to attend if you've not done so yet. The current Pass price, which saves you £20, holds for a few more weeks.

Just 142 days left to go to the HUBB UK!:) Last year quite a few people were disappointed that they didn't manage to snag a room in the hotel - the pic shows why!

I've had a call from the hotel saying that they only have 3 rooms left so if you fancy one...

The booking info is on the main HUBB UK page - just scroll down, you'll find it on the left.

Attachments

• rm11.jpg
    rm11.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 284
Just 142 days left to go to the HUBB UK!:) Last year quite a few people were disappointed that they didn't manage to snag a room in the hotel - the pic shows why!

I've had a call from the hotel saying that they only have 3 rooms left so if you fancy one...

The booking info is on the main HUBB UK page - just scroll down, you'll find it on the left.

Two left,

oh no breakfast you have to buy it, in with the great unwashed.

Two left,

oh no breakfast you have to buy it, in with the great unwashed.

Double oh no.

I treated myself last week, didn't know I might have a noisy neighbour.

Mind you, dear Mr. friendly Bakerman, mate, are you by chance bringing a few sacks of them danish pastries with you ?

Hi All, thought I'd drop in to draw your attention to the latest presenters to sign up for the HUBB UK.

It's brilliant to have Tim Cullis back with us again. His presentations are always entertaining and the information he passes on in them is absolutely invaluable. You guys know him so you know what I mean.

New to the HUBB UK this year are Tom and Richard Seipp. These guys are cyclists and we think will go down a storm.

Bernard Smith is going to be with us too! Brilliant. If you don't know about this story - Touching the World - then make sure you get into his presentation.

The list of people who have signed up to present is fantastic. Thanks everyone.

Have you thought about sharing some knowledge, fun of the road, hints and tips? We want to hear from you if you'd like a go. Inspiring, Informing and Connecting. That's what it's all about

Update! The HUBB UK now has live music happening on two nights. The very excellent Steve McGill is back with us all again. Everyone who wrote in and asked for him to be back, great, thanks for letting us know.

New to us this year is the highly recommended group Radio Mary. You’ll find links to them on the HUBB UK page and you’ll find them in the Orchard at the event.

The Orchard is also where you'll find Danny and Fil with their RoadKill Cookout. If you’ve not seen this yet, well, catch them this time around. Full on entertainment and you’ll learn heaps too. :eek: You'll see what I mean :) But perhaps not ask them to sing :augie

The next bit of news is that the list of presenters has just been updated. There’s a stack of new presenters lined up for the HUBB UK. Zebb Penman, James Davis, Bruce Porter, Tony Ingles, Jasper Ditton, Anna McNuff, Patrick Cruywagen, Elaine Clark, and Tiffany Coates. You are going to be spoilt for choice! :clap

Now here's a request that some of you guys will be interested in methinks. It comes from the guys at The Adventure & Travel cinema, who are going to be with us for the first time.

The Adventure & Travel Cinema was set up as an attraction for adventure and travel shows throughout the UK. The primary idea is to give people an opportunity to show their film work to a wider audience for free. We take full length documentaries but also short films.

Many people have some amazing adventures but don't get enough footage to make a full documentary and we feel people are missing out on some great stuff! We hope this cinema will give people the opportunity to see these films and be inspired! If you know of anyone who might have a film to submit for the Cinema, either long or short, please let us know. tom@geekmedialtd.com
:thumb2

I've just been looking at some of the shots from last year. This one's from the end of one of the heats of the Slow Bike Race.

Did you have a go? Got any shots? A right laugh wasn't it! :thumb

John and Chris will be running it in a very similar way to last year. Heats of smaller cc bikes, and of larger cc bikes. Then a ride off between the winners from those categories.

If you have a look at the footage on the HUBB UK 2014 page you'll see some of the race happening - some surprising contestants too! :augie

Attachments

• IMG_8849 psr.jpg
    IMG_8849 psr.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 267
Met up with a few people at the Ace Cafe adventure day today and got chatting about plans and some of the layout improvements for this year. Glad to hear we'll have more fire area (except of course that double the fire space means double the work for me to collect firewood!).

Plans really seem to be taking shape and I'm really looking forward to it again this year

Back
Top Bottom