The HUBB UK 2014 Overlanding event

Hi

just wondering if there is a late night arrival cut off time?

not sure what time I will be able to arrive but don't want to arrive to find the camp sit gates closed or not able to get to the bar as the site registration/entrance is closed for the night, with everyone at the bar

:beerjug:

Andy
Hi Andy, Registration closes at 10pm. Can you make it by then? PM me would you if this might be a problem. Sure we could make a plan :thumby:

Anyone going from Scotland?

I live in Stirling and intend riding down on Thursday, time to be decided, anyone want to meet up on the way?
Cheers
Jake

Good to see so many UKGSers at the BMF over the weekend :thumb2 Thanks for stopping off to say hello. But that's not why I'm posting now. I wanted to give you the heads up

It’s just 30 days to go!!!! The HUBB UK starts on Thursday the 19th of June. :thumb2

If you've not been before, this quote (which is one of my favourites from last year) says much.

"What a FANTASTIC event!!!!! We found the atmosphere totally different to our usual events; everyone was so friendly – it was almost like one big family. We found the talks inspiring... the HUBB event isn’t a show – rather it is a ‘gathering of like-minded people’, and we decided we liked that very much." :):):)

Ride a very pretty part of Leicestershire

Mates we are chuffed to be able to let you know that this year at the HUBB UK there are going to be Ride Outs on the Friday and Saturday. Many thanks to Matt and the TRF guys for setting this up.

You’ll be on a Historic look at Leicestershire by Motorcycle. So. what’s happening? here’s the gen:

The purpose of the ride out is to take a gentle relaxed journey around a very pretty part of Leicestershire. The aim is to reflect upon the surroundings not scoot through them in race mode. Difficulty: Beginner /intermediate.

Rides happening at 10am on Friday and 10am on Saturday.

Distance is approx. 125km. Any bike that is dual sport fitted with block pattern tyres should have no problem navigating unsurfaced sections. Route can be adjusted on the day to cope with inclement weather. Run Length: depending on how often you all stop to admire the view, will be between 3-4 hours. But so long as the ride leaders are notified, you can head home if you decide not to do the whole route.

Each ride accommodates a group of approximately eight riders. To go on this you’ll need to be equipped with suitable safety wear for riding off road. First come, first on. Limited places – don’t miss out. Register to ride at the TRF stand in the Club area West Camping.

Departure meeting point the Gate Crew marquee at the entrance. Meet at 9.30am! Paperwork to review! Ride leaves 10am sharp!

For your peace of mind if you are new to green lanes etc, the route is a guide, each person is expected to ride within their ability and expertise no one will be encourage to ride outside of their comfort zone or travel at excessive speeds. Ahem, we do need to state this – The run is conducted on public highway and all riders need to respect other users and ride within the law at all times.

Attachments

• IMG_8101 psrcr.jpg
    IMG_8101 psrcr.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 216
I want to share something with you that explains a lot – especially if you’ve never been to the HUBB UK before.

Thinking about coming but not sure?

This post from Graham Field gives more than a clue about what’s what. See you in a few weeks I hope. :thumby:

Live music? Yep, Friday night and Saturday night at the Fire Drums in the Orchard. No heavy rock though that's for sure. What you will get is Steve McGill who has a completely unique voice and works magic with an acoustic guitar. :clap

And on Saturday night you'll find Radio Mary going for it by the Fire Drums. A really good spot to be. :clap

And while here I need to thank Danny Taylor of Roadkill Cookout and Haggs Bank Bunkhouse fame, for setting this up. Cheers Danny! :thumb2

Just 21 days to go! :D And don't forget, if you book and pay before 9pm on June 12th then you nab the last discounted passes. :thumby:

Your £65 will get you access to the live music, the really funny and informative Roadkill Cookout, all the presentations (0ver 120 sessions of them!!!), learn how to live from the hedgerows, have a go at the Slow Bike Race, the Skills Course for novices, link up with travel authors and film makers, meet Ted Simon, explore the 25+ exhibitors stands packed with everything travel, head out to explore historic Leicestershire on the green lane rideout, enter the competitions and well get stuck into everything that's happening. Did anyone mention real ale? :augie

Full wedge on the door is £75 - still good value for 4 days in an amazing atmosphere - an oasis of travel. :bounce1

The HUBB UK INFO is all here on this link.

Thanks to Dave Ett for the shot.

Attachments

• IMG_8976 psrr.jpg
    IMG_8976 psrr.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 196
Hi All, Just had word from the venue that 3 hotel rooms have just become available (due to some folk working next door at the race circuit not needing them).

If you'd like to snag a little luxury, get in touch with Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel directly on 01332 862409 quoting "HUBB UK" as your reference.

NEARLY THERE!!!! :bounce1

Only 10 days left to register online for the last of the discounted rates
:eek:

If you've already nabbed your pass for the HUBB UK, we'll see you there. Read on for a summary of what you can look forward to.

If you haven't registered yet and would still like to, there are just 10 days left to grab the last of the discounted rates. £65 for a full 4-day pass or £40 for a 2-day pass. Online registration will close at around 9pm on 12th June, after which the full on-the-day prices will apply.

>> Don't miss out - click here to register online now

2-day event passes are for either the Thursday and Friday (one night's camping on the Thursday night only) or the Saturday and Sunday (one night's camping on the Saturday night only). As in all previous years, there are no 1-day passes.

We still need some extra help on some of the volunteer crews, so if you'd like to lend a hand and be part of the team that makes all the magic happen, please select the volunteering option when you register (or use this form if you already have). :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

4 Days of Overlanding Fun and Inspiration
This year's event features over 150 sessions of presentations and demonstrations, beginning at 10am on Thursday 19th. You can look forward to rideouts with the TRF, manufacturer test rides, Danny and Fil's Roadkill Cookout, the return of the Slow Bike Race and testing your nerve on the Skills Course. There's live music on both the Friday and Saturday nights and we've made a variety of improvements after last year, including even more space for camping and two big screens in the marquee cinema.
>> Click here to register online before 9pm on 12th June

We'd also like to let you know about a unique opportunity to ride with Grant and Susan Johnson, the founders of Horizons Unlimited, from Dover to Donington on Wednesday 18th June. If you'd like to join them and riders coming across from mainland Europe, the rendezvous is Dover ferry terminal at 10.30am. :thumby:

As we count down the days to Donington (only 16 to go!), you can get the latest event updates by subscribing to this thread on the forum, 'Joining' the event page on Facebook and by following the hashtag #HUBBUK on Twitter.

Attachments

• 10 Setting off round the world from the HUBB UK ps.jpg
    10 Setting off round the world from the HUBB UK ps.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 193
  • HUBB UK Front entrance sign Donington 2.jpg
    HUBB UK Front entrance sign Donington 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_8621 psr.jpg
    IMG_8621 psr.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 1 IMG_8080 prs.jpg
    1 IMG_8080 prs.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_6254 psrcr Get Lostr.jpg
    IMG_6254 psrcr Get Lostr.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 194
More great news!

As you’ll know, CCM are joining us for the HUBB UK. The news is that they will have bikes on hand for you to test ride too. Fantastic! They will take small groups out for 20min or so rides.

You’ll need you full license – both parts and of course full riding kit. Talk to them on their stand when you arrive to get booked in!

As CCM are in the Adventure Travel Zone with no vehicle movement, can I ask everyone who take’s ‘em up on this to wheel their test bikes to the edge of the zone please. Only 50m and light bikes so no worries methinks.

The event gets better and better :D

Not been to the HUBB UK at Donington before? Well that being the case I thought I'd post a map of the layout. Give you a chance to find your way around before you get there. :thumby:

If you've been before, have a look for the changes - you'll see a few!

In the main camping area you'll see some hard standing spots, can everyone with bikes leave those for expedition vehicles please - obvious why really :augie

So, here's the plan! Oh, and the 'cornershop' isn't marked, but when you get there it'll be obvious. They will have bread, bacon, eggs, chocolates, smokes and well, corner shop stuff. Very handy and not silly prices either!

Don't forget if you've not booked yet, do so before 9pm on the 12th to snag the last online booking discount. 4-day pass, Thurs/Fri and Sat/Sun 2-days passes. No day passes.

A £65 (at the moment) 4-day pass gives you access to every one of the 150 sessions of presentations, films, demonstrations, competitions, live music and well, loads more. Camping's included of course. :thumb2

Attachments

• HUBB site plan2014 revC 14-05-14 psr.jpg
    HUBB site plan2014 revC 14-05-14 psr.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 156
Last minute!

HEADS UP! :thumb Anyone still thinking about coming to the HUBB UK but hasn't booked yet - you need to do so by 8.59pm tonight if you want to snag an advance booking discount. Here's the link:

PASS REGISTRATION LINK

Catch you soon.

Cheers,
Sam

A short while ago I had an email from Iain who organises all the presentation side of things. He needs help. He says:

'A member of the volunteer Presentation Crew has had to drop out at the last minute for family reasons, so I'm looking for someone - or ideally a couple of people - to take his place.

The Presentation Crew volunteers make sure all the presentations run smoothly and on time, taking care of the laptops and gadgets so the presenters can just concentrate on presenting. It's a vital role and guarantees a front-row seat

If you've already registered to attend, but haven't volunteered for any crews, and if you have decent PC skills and fancy lending a hand, I'd really appreciate your help.

Here's the link to volunteer....

If you haven't registered yet you'll see the option to volunteer when you do.

Thanks,
Iain'

Attachments

• HUBBUK2013-IH-6 psr.jpg
    HUBBUK2013-IH-6 psr.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 139
Competitions? Again for 2014 we are going to have Competitions for Motorcycles, Expedition Vehicles and for Bicycles. 3 categories in each but we aren't spilling the beans on what those are, just yet.

They will give you the chance to draw attention to your wheels, the mods made and so on. It's a way of sharing the info. :thumb2

Kevin Bond is organising for the Expedition vehicles.
Paul Myers the Motorcycles
and Helen Lloyd the Bicycles

If they don't find you, please find them :)

They will tell you where, if you are a two-wheeler, to bring your steeds for display and judging. Expedition Vehicles will be judged where you have them parked up.

Each of the 9 winners will have a prize - some of them so good that I'd like to keep 'em.

The prizes for the Expedition Vehicles are kindly provided by Front Runner and for the Motorcycle and Bicycles, they have been donated by Traveldri-Plus in conjunction with Wheels to Work.

Got to be in to win :D

Entrance?

Hi Sam, am unable to find receipt for the event how do I prove I paid?

cheers Kev aka Zed Zed

Hi Sam, am unable to find receipt for the event how do I prove I paid?

cheers Kev aka Zed Zed

Hi Kev, no worries! :thumb2 You won't have had a receipt as such, just an email confirming booking. You just bring a print out of that with you to the Registration. If that's gone astray, PM me with the name and details you'll have booked under and I'll hunt it out and resend to you. Today or Monday please as I'm heading up to Donington to start set up on Tuesday am and won't be on line I suspect.

Hi Kev, no worries! :thumb2 You won't have had a receipt as such, just an email confirming booking. You just bring a print out of that with you to the Registration. If that's gone astray, PM me with the name and details you'll have booked under and I'll hunt it out and resend to you. Today or Monday please as I'm heading up to Donington to start set up on Tuesday am and won't be on line I suspect.

Cheers Sam all sorted will be there thursday, and my son Andy will arrive late friday. See us there

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom