The HUBB UK 2014 Overlanding event

Talks/Lectures

Hi Sam,

Do you have to book yourself into the talks or is it just first come first served ( i.e Seating)?

Regards

Chris, Jersey

Great :)

Was my first Hubb meet ... went for the fours day loved it . great presentations great people ...really friendly atmosphere ... Loved it :clap:clap

It was pretty good wasn't it.The weather was brilliant and what a great turnout. Only the cetering from the hotel was a bit meagre. £6.50 for a burger and and extra £2.50 for chips with it is taking the preverbial in my mind but aside from that it was a great few days.

Was my first Hubb meet ... went for the fours day loved it . great presentations great people ...really friendly atmosphere ... Loved it :clap:clap

It was pretty good wasn't it.The weather was brilliant and what a great turnout. Only the cetering from the hotel was a bit meagre. £6.50 for a burger and and extra £2.50 for chips with it is taking the preverbial in my mind but aside from that it was a great few days.

I though you could only eat the squashed vermin found in hedges;)

A brilliant weekend, this event gets bigger and better & the weather was amazing making camping a pleasure :)

The Horizons weekend is not a show & 1 day doesn't justify what's available to see. I'd recommend buying a ticket as soon as registration is open (around Sept) when a weekend ticket cost £45. A last minute 2 day ticket also cost £45. So if 1 day is all you can managed, you don't lose anything.

I agree the pub food isn't great. Not much the organisers can do about that except feedback your comments to the owners.

Thanks to anyone of this parish who attended my (nerve wrecking) presentation on trail riding in Otago, NZ - much appreciated :thumb2

An excellent four days! I'd like to specifically mention the volunteers who did a sterling job keeping the place tidy, litter picking, cleaning the showers and toilets spick and span every hour and always with a smile on their faces, a lovely welcome on the gate.

The presentations were all excellent, varied and gave me a lot of new ideas.
Agree the catering wasn't brilliant but I cooked my own anyway so no complaints from me . The real ale barn was an excellent idea, as was the fire pit and live music area, enjoyed the bands.

Sam,

If next year's nominated charity hasn't been decided yet, could I please propose Medicin Sans Frontier? I'm sure that they would be able to put forward a doctor to give a presentation on health whilst travelling.

I thought Georg, the German bike paramedic's talk on first aid was outstanding-especially as it wasn't done in his first language.
Well done to all the presenters!

Wonderful event !

First of all, fantastic to see so many of you at the HUBB I really enjoyed the chance to catch up a bit with you guys. :thumb2

I'm chuffed to see your comments above. Phew. :)

And the food? Yep, disappointing! I went to a local pub yesterday and took photos of the food on offer. Funny really, 'Erm, excuse me, can I take a photo of your lunch please?' :D But now I have something to help back up our words :D Thank goodness so much else worked so well though eh.

I also want to say thank you to those of you who volunteered and did such a brilliant job. Simply amazing! For me, the atmosphere of the HUBB UK comes from the terrific people who come, and those of you who are there to make sure things happen is such a way that everyone can enjoy themselves.

And, thanks very much to those of you who did presentations!!!! Sharing the knowledge and the fun of the road is the main part of what its all about. You guys did a great job. Thanks very, very much!

Why reply now instead of yesterday? I bunked off yesterday :augie

Thanks for coming everyone !!!!! :beerjug:

PS Thanks very much to everyone who put comments in the box on the bar. It's your comments that a) Let the volunteers know that their work is appreciated and b) helps everyone try to make it better still next year.

PPS Did anyone take any photos? Post here? I'm kicking myself. Hardly took any this year (Idiot) :blast

Well done Sam & 'the crew' on another hugely successful event :clap:clap

We've applied to have the same good weather for HU Ireland in a fortnights time
So if anyone wants a bit more inspiration or just some Irish hospitality register now while the discounted rate still applies :aidan

Thanks very much! It seems people enjoyed, and learnt. :thumb2 Swot its all about. There's a bit of a write up on this link.

There's also a section on the new Adventure Bike TV show - just out.

And soon there will be some films coming out. I'll post when they do. If you didn't make it this time they will give you a taste.

As for the Ireland HU Meet, I'm gutted I can't make it over this year. It was brilliant fun last year and what a beautiful part of the world to be doing some riding. And what a magic line up of presenters you have!!! :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Brilliant

What can i say? Brilliant weekend, great people, great presentations, great shows and most of all - Great weather!.
Thanks to the volunteers they did a great job, I'm only saying that cause I was one.
Danny and Fils roadkill pitch was the place to be Fri and Sat night :)
Beer was a bit pricey at a fiver a pint at the real ale bar but no worries.
Back on the ship in the Gulf of Mexico and looking forward to 22-25 Aug BMW club Rally in Kelso.
Jake.

We loved it - though a little disappointed to have had to come in the car due to other commitments. It was hot and I nearly died the first evening, thinking that warm(ish) real ale and cider were all that were on offer ... We were so late (due to some sort of hold-up on the M42) that we were extremely grateful for two burgers and the last portion of chips before the kitchen closed and didn't discover the bar next door until the next day. But none of that mattered, we thoroughly enjoyed the two days we were there and no amount of landing aircraft noise would have stopped us sleeping. Thanks a million to all the volunteers who helped to make the weekend so enjoyable.

Hi Everyone,
May we ask for your help. The Feedback Questionnaire. If you've not filled in yours yet, we'd be very grateful if you could crack on and do it before Friday 25th please.

Much of what you saw happening this year at the HUBB UK, the layout, the presentations, the outdoor activities, the exhibitors and how many there were and well, just about everything was influenced by everyone's feedback last year.

The whole point of the HUBB UK is to Inspire, Inform and Connect. You all filling in the feedback helps us do our best to make it the event you would like to have.

A huge thanks to everyone who has completed it to date. Brilliant! Thanks very much! :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom